First Post...Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your help over the years!

by stuckinarut2 63 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi everyone!

Well... as they say on talk back radio "I'm a long time listener, first time caller"(poster in this case!)

I have been a "lurker" for several years, but never had the courage to take the step and join up...until now.

I really want to thank everyone for their insights and comments throughout the forum. Although I have not contibuted to discussions, I have benefitted very much from all of your comments and observations on all topics. Thanks so much!

I look forward to joining in discussions soon. I also would like to share my story too...its a little long, but I have had quite the journey since being 'born in' with several generations before me "in the truth" (dont you all hate that expression??!!) I have had "full time service" experience and Bethel service too..Anyway, I'll post more later if anyone is interested...

Cheers!

Stuckinarut2

• designs
  • Pams girl
    Pams girl

Looking forward to your story x

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks guys!

I didnt expect replies so quickly! That is awesome....

Yes, I will write up stuff soon!

Where is the best place to do first intros? This section?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi Stuckin ! and welcome.

Members only section is good, but remember this is the Net, and anyone can read what you write, so depending on your circumstances, I would avoid details that positively identify you, leave room for deniability.

looking forward to more from you !

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Welcome. I love t hear good experiences especially from those in Bethel. Be careful though that what you say can't identify you unless you are already free clear and proud..

In any case you are in the right place.

• jemba
    jemba

Hell yeah we want more! Welcome from Queensland Australia 'stuck' cant wait to read your story. So glad youve enjoyed the forum. Me too.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Welcome and best wishes, hope your wheels get out that "rut".

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to JWn, I'm glad you decided to join in, look forward to your comments.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes...great advice guys!

I will be careful with exact details and timing...

Im not at all free yet...(hence my forum name)...I am stuck with a life that is very very entrenched in "the truth", so I will have to play my hand carefully.

The big step though for me is that I no longer feel guilty about being honest with myself! I have allowed myself to actually be 'myself and not some drone that has been molded into the form I appear to be on the outside. I actually feel empowered in the sense that I am in control of myself and not others...at least in my thoughts for now...

Chat more soon!

Oh and 'jemba'...are you an AFL supporter or Rugby league? (only aussies will get that question!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit