First Post...Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your help over the years!

by stuckinarut2 63 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome, love to hear your story.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Look forward to reading your story, and welcome!

• flipper
    flipper

STUCK IN A RUT- Welcome to freedom of mind and freedom of expression. Many of us have been where you are at right now. Hang in there we are here as a support to you friend

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow everyone! Thanks so much for all of your replies!

it is so nice to hear from you all... I have read your input on posts over the years, but to have such a welcome and show of support is very comforting and supportive! Thanks so much... And many of you are ones I consider as foundation members with much experience!

I will post a brief run down of my story soon.... Maybe while at the meeting??!! ( how cool would that be? )

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

WoW. You are spoiled. You even got a welcome from our Granny Mouthy who says she doesn't live here any more.

It's nice you finally popped in.

Cheers

Chris

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OK, so here goes...

I cant tell too much, as I am still very much entrenched in "the truth" (aargh). I found out a while ago that I actually have several generations prior to me who have been in the org. I dont consider myself one of those "key familes" though in anyway, but apparantly previous generations have even been in the yearbooks over the years!

I spent some years in Bethel, and as others have said, it was a memorable time, and I even had some fun experiences and made some good friends...but it was also a great way to peer behind the wizards curtain to see how things really run! Guess what?...there is no holy spirit guiding things! (ok, so have i just "blasphemed the spirit in an unforgivabale way"?)

Time moved on, I left Bethel, and life took its course. I am still 'serving' as an 'appointed' man in the cong, and and enjoy a great relationship with all ages and members of the cong. I love the people who are genuine and decent people, especially ones who are 'real' people, not ones who try to act in a super righteous way according to a scrpit they feel they have to follow!

I pride myself on being a supportive and genuinely helpful person, one who listens and takes care of others...

It is true that it is becoming harder and harder to fake the zeal and be involved with all the "kingdom" activities when I know it is all fabricated garbage that is "dispensed at the proper time"... but ties with family and friends make it so hard to act decisiveley and get on with the rest of our lives!

But I know that this life we have is precious and here to be enjoyed...so I do that as much as I can. Why waste this life waiting for an imaginary dream story that is so full of holes? And saying that doesnt mean acting in a selfish 'me first' way as the org would have us think those 'outside' do. Living life to the full can actually involve helping others and being there for others...not being engrossed in selfish 'worldly pursuits'.

One thing I must share is an amazement at how everyone in the congs cant see the irony that a god of love will provide them with 'panda patting paradise', but will kill millions with gore and blood everywhere...young and old ... in order to make it so! What a perverted sense of entitlement cong members must feel, and how self righteous it makes them feel that they alone are worthy, while the cute 1 year old baby down the street is not because his parents didnt take some magazines from us! Ah well...breathe....rant over...

So that is a bit more about me...thanks for taking the time to read. Sorry if I bored you or wasted your time.

Thanks to everyone here who posts and shares their lives on this forum! You help many , many people; both memebrs and lurkers. Keep it upbeat and positive, while purging the remnants of our pasts...

Cheers

SIAR2

• KateWild
    KateWild

I pride myself on being a supportive and genuinely helpful person, one who listens and takes care of others...-SIR2

There are so many of this type of brother I have met, they use their positions to try and sway the rest of the BOE in elders meetings, but end up banging their head against a brick wall, then of course the congnitive dissonance ensues.

Your name suggests that you want to make a change and are not happy with the status quo, what plans for the future do you have?

Kate xx

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah thanks Kate.

Well thats the problem at the moment...I havent made any plans. I know what I would like to do, but it is so damn hard. Hence my name..

I know that there is well known expresion that "those who fail to plan, plan to fail", but I cant work out what to do yet...but through this forum I see that I am not alone, and that is a positive step forward so far...

• donny
    donny

Thank you Stuckinarit2. I have been here for 9 years and I am still fascinated with reading others perpectives about how they first begin to question the machine. Back when I was in everytime I heard "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd, it reminded me that I was one of those bricks in the Society's wall. Well aboard and I look forward to your future posts.

Donny

Facebook: DonnyRayReed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit