First Post...Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your help over the years!

by stuckinarut2 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome, and yes: We want to hear your story!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome stuckinarut2, Thanks for sharing your experience. If you could write about what helped to awaken you, it might help other JWs who are visting to relate and awaken. The Friends forum is a good forum to write your introduction.

Since you are a born-in, you might want to read books by cult-exit counselors to help you heal and to better communicate with JW family and friends. I would recommend reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com, and watching his FREE videos on his website. I would recommend watching Steve Hassan's How Big is the Phenomenon of Undue Influence? (2:01) and Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23).

If you are married, please be patient and compassionate with your spouse. Vent on JWN so that you do not vent to your spouse about how you feel.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Welcome to the resistance.

• minimus
    minimus

Howdy

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great to have you aboard... I am the old granny on board Joined years ago!!!!!!

I am so happy you found us!!!!!! from an oldie...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Welcome to free thinking and open expression.... x

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome! I was a 3rd generation JW.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing your story. I'm always intrigued to hear from former Bethelites.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Welcome from my end too. Please share your story.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, come on in, the water is fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit