Need advice for asking a girl out

by DuvanMuvan 46 Replies latest social relationships

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Whatever you do, do not:

Ask if she is interested in a Bible Study.

Give her a Memorial tract, and invite to pick her up

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Sounds like you will never ask her for her number.

Imagine what is the worse thing that she could say. No, right!

You need all the practice you can get. And lots of rejection. It is the expected answer.

Good news someone will say yes!

• DJS
    DJS

If you see the hottest girl in the club and want to ask her out, what's the odds she will say yes or no? Mathematicall speaking (and assuming you arent a troll) they are 50/50. What's the odds you will ever go out with her if you don't ask her out? Close to 0. Do the math. We all get rejected; as sarah indicates it's good practice. If she does reject you (assuming she doesn't humiliate you or tell you you are a troll), tell her how beautiful she is and that it's your loss. Then go ask someone else out. There are roughly 3.3 billion women on the planet. So many opportunities, so little time. ;-)

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

yet another thing the all knowing JWs prevent their young people from learning.

Don't even look at a girl till you are ready to marry. Don't maturbate. Then when you are horny and desperate you will marry the first girl that gives you the time of day.

Now here you are, stuck with the wrong girl. You gave up your chance to progress in your job or education and are now left asking yourself "Where else can I go?". (the real meaning behind the statement " whom shall we go away to ")

As for you DuvanMuvan If it is that hard to ask her out you are probably thinking about her in fantasyland. If so that is the first thing you need to stop doing. Stop thinking of her a “the one”. There is no such thing! If you have her on a pedestal before you even know her where has she got to go once you are in a relationship? There are plenty of women out there plenty of which you will be able to get along with quite nicely.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DuvanMuvan - "Damn being confident takes too much effort."

And yet it is one of the most important aspects of dating (so much so that some guys even fake it).

You'll do fine, but don't put it off too long; strike while the iron's hot, as they say.

• KateWild
    KateWild

So did you ask her out? I hope so. Kate xx

• pronomono
    pronomono

If all else fails, offer to show her your aquarium. I hear that's a hit with worldly girls. If you don't have an aquarium, don't worry. She'll get the idea.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Ask her for a topless selfie so she will know you are really interested in her.

Rub a Dub

• TD
    TD
    I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or something that they could give me

The shortest and best answer is simply, "No fear."

A longer and much more convoluted answer is that human beings tend to judge others using themselves as a yardstick. We can't help it.

As boys grow up, they base their challenge to parental authority partially on physical size and strength. They eventually reach a point where not even their father can force them to do anything they don't want to do.

As girls grow up, they base their challenge to parental authority more firmly on the strength of ego alone. (And I'm speaking as the father of three grown women here.)

What does this have to do with dating?

A young lady is not going to size you up using, "Could he kick my ass?" as a starting question. She's going to judge you on the strength of your peronality. If you are shy, if you are tongue-tied, if you are intimidated by her circle of giggling friends, it will be perceived as weakness.

So just do it. Lose your fear. Like Jgnat said, the rush will be worth it.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I asked her after school and she said no. Well not in those words. She said "awwww" a lot then "idk" then I said it's alright if she says no then she said we can still be friends and we'll still go to prom and I got a hug. Her saying no wasn't as bad as I thought it would be tbh. Im still glad I did it because I don't have to worry about her not liking me anymore since ik for sure.

If I do feel anything bad now it's that im a bit annoyed because her friends have been putting me through a lot of that "you guys should be a couple" stuff for a while even while they knew I liked her. It kinda gave me the impression that she liked me back and she never seemed to mind them doing it either. But even then I'm not THAT annoyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit