Replacing Guy Pierce—how big is the pool from which to choose?

by L3G 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'd plotz if Friedman got onto the GB, since I'm slightly acquainted with him. I can't say if he's a hardliner behind closed doors with the elders, but certainly he comes across as easy-going and warm with the rank and file. And yes, he's not too young; Sanderson might be younger than him.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

We need a spanish GB, they have to inject some latin flavor to that old group!!! Amazing how we never have a list of the Minorities

Was just thinking the same thing. I wonder if there are any partaking African, Latin American or Asian Org "heavies". Maybe someone from Argentina? The Catholic Church has been getting great press since Pope Francis, maybe the WT can have similar success! After all, most of the growth is coming from these less-developed areas of the world. I'm sure those new(er) JW's would love to feel that connection.

All kidding aside, it seems like all the recent GB appointments all came from a Brooklyn-based inner circle, so I'd be surprised if they pulled a "Francis" this time around.

• OnTheWayOut
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Joel was my CO when I was in West Virginia. My ex-husband liked him. Figures.... Yes a self rightious hot head. His wife was sweet, bland not much gumption cried if her husband was late fear that he died and went to heaven. Their daughter last I knew is DF'ed they shun her. shock shock....

Oh the good old days

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Isn't it curious that none of the GB members are asian, or african or hispanic or aboriginal or ....?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

From an outsider's perspective, some might start to think Jehovah thinks that only caucasians qualify as heavenly co-rulers...well except for Sam Herd...he's cool.

• thomasaquinas
    thomasaquinas

Definitely "Prince" he has star power and can fill stadiums.

• fredPotato
    fredPotato

I honestly think that if a Latin were to be appointed as a new GB member, the reactions here would be split.

Some would worship him like a pope and some would awake cause having one of our 'buddies' up there would make the GB loose its 'bling'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............They`ll Pick Someone Like This..

............................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sam Herd is an American.

For an "International Brotherhood" that's been "preaching the Good News" worldwide for over a century, there is a remarkable lack of ethnic diversity among the GB members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit