Replacing Guy Pierce—how big is the pool from which to choose?

by L3G 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

So what did Friedman say about the moive Titanic? I'm probably not the only one wondering now.

It's over there in the thread I linked to

• L3G
    L3G

Got it—thx. For all:

He hated that many JWs had seen it, considering that it apparently promotes adultery (haven't seen it myself). And there's a nude scene. But Witnesses would hand-wave that away and justify seeing it because it was popular and wasn't rated R.

The truth is, he was right, it was hypocritical for JWs to act like the movie was okay. I still think that if someone is going to profess and preach certain beliefs, they should stick to them and not make excuses. But I had no idea that he gave the same rant at every Hall, that's really funny.

Edit: Cross-post. But look how well we remember his tirade!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

What about Don or Joel Adams? Or are they too old? Hell, they may be dead for all I know.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

If memory serves me, he was overseer of the Rosenberg, TX assembly hall construction project.

• cj46
    cj46

neverendingjourney : First let's assume GB members are appointed on a 2/3 majority vote basis. Let's also assume that there are important changes that are being held back because a 2/3 majority hasn’t been achieved. That's akin to giving the 1/3 minority a veto. The minority could similarly exercise such a veto if they had reason to suspect a new GB member would not side with them on contentious issues. So there's gridlock until the 1/3 minority feels sufficiently secure that a potential new GB member will side with them in preserving the status quo. Perhaps little heart-to-heart talks with short-list members every now and then to get their view on things. Therefore, nothing really new is ever introduced.

The GB doesn't use the 2/3 majority vote. They are using the unanimous vote when it comes to appointing a potential new GB member.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/285123/1/The-Governing-Body-doesnt-use-the-2-3-majority-vote-right-At-least-not-for-the-appointment-of-its-members

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Isn't it curious that none of the GB members are asian, or african or hispanic or aboriginal or ....?"

Pierce was a native North American Indian, was he not?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Will they even bother to replace Pierce?

What ACTUALLY do the GB do apart from give talks about tight trousers and generally parade around like rock stars?

Do they even make ANY desicions or are they just sock puppets for the lawyers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit