the bible and its prophecies

by Crazyguy 132 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Cofty you may be right, he was always telling his followers to believe in him as the messiah and if they just believed they would be saved. Almost like he was trying to convince them. He then tells them the time is near then not to believe in any one that says the time in near. Then John says the time is near all the time in Revelations, seems like a major contradiction to me.

• kaik
    kaik

Again ColdSteel, you lack knowledge of the Roman Empire history that can be obtained at the university level. Judea was isolated and rather for Rome unimportant, backward province. The most important province for the Imperial Rome was Egypt which was the main grain producer for the city. Jerusalem was impoverished city and more Jews lived in Alexandria and elsewhere than there. They had better living standard and business opportunities there than in ancient homeland that was barely above bronze age level in comparison of advanced civilization in Italy, Greece, Persia, or Egypt. There was no revolution in Judea, but revolt against Rome rule as happened in other provinces in the past. Within the same generation frame there were as big and violent in Britain under Boedica, in Batavia, Illyria, or kingdom of Bosphorus (which was also reason why Roman failed to control entire Black Sea coast).

Yes majority Jews were not aware of Jesus existence. Big suprise to you. Jews lived all over the Roman and Persian world and they have not heard of existence of Jesus at that time. This is also reason why they do not believe that he was a messiah. Maybe you should go into the synagogue and preach them that they should accept the Jesus as their messiah... let me know how it will work out for you. Whatever is written in the New Testament is completely irrelevant to the Jews in the past and to the religious Jews today.

Otherwise the long nonsense in the rest of the post attempts to prove your imaginary religious point and it is not worth of effort to response. Yawhn

• kaik
    kaik

strypes, another self appointed prophet attempts to prove that the end is near. Do you know that rapture is totally invented concept made out by semiliterate reverends in the 19th century preaching to the masses of pioneers in the Great Plains during the 2nd Awakening? Do you know that the word rapture does not even have appropritate translation to many European languages, including mine? Do you know that Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and mainstream Protestantism uphold belief in rapture is a heresy?

• kaik
    kaik

Cold Stele, you are not only evangelical maniac, but also antisemite:

Interesting, since both the Old Testament and New Testament condemns the Jews of the last days as being a stiff-necked and wicked people. One of the reasons the Lord saves Judah during the conclusion of the battle of Armageddon is to reclaim them

please spear me from ever responding to me. I do not talk to antisemites.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I’m not concerned with Ethiopia. I am concerned with the other lands, like Iran, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Jordon, Syria and the other nations in the region. If Ethiopia goes against Israel, it will be because it was conquered and repopulated with Muslims.

Except that's not what you were going on about before. Nice attempt to change the subject, though.

The point is, this will be an all out Muslim war of Esau against Jacob. As for your views that the Bible didn’t use the modern use of nations, and are thus not valid prophecies is absurd.

Of course it's not absurd (nor is it my view, it's simply an observable fact). The Bible was wrong, it's plain to see.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I know that because of my faith in Jesus I will be with Him when the wrath of judgement comes. Hidden with Him as a bride in the wedding chamber.

What is it with Christians, wanting to be married to Jesus and killing people? A sex/death cult, sounds like.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

For all your pomp and arrogance, perhaps, O learned one, you can first tell us just what an "anti-Semite" is. Were the ancient Jewish prophets anti-Semites? Because they're the ones who warned the Jews of later generations that they were under condemnation for being a recalcitrant, stubborn people.

Peering through the corridors of time, Ezekiel wrote conerning the deliverance of the Jews from Gog: "... the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward. And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

So according to Semite prophets, the reason the Lord brought the Jews into captivity is because of their iniquity; because they trespassed against the Lord, and because of their "uncleanness" and their "transgressions" did he hide his face from them. And this he did all the way from the Roman conquest of Jerusalem all the way through the 1492 persecutions and through the Nazi ordeal. Only after that did the Lord begin to gather his people back to the lands of their inheritance. Even so, the Jews won't believe that Jesus is who he said he was until they see the wounds in his hands and feet. Then the nation will be converted in a single day.

Couldn't be clearer than that.

• Viviane
    Viviane

For all your pomp and arrogance, perhaps, O learned one, you can first tell us just what an "anti-Semite" is.

Says the guy who claims the Bible says things it doesn't.

• strypes
    strypes

quoting kaik..

"Do you know that rapture is totally invented concept made out by semiliterate reverends in the 19th century..."

1 Thessalonians 4...

16 "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

A word study of "caught up together" may shed some light on "Rapture"...

The passage above takes the "concept" back to the first century. Tiz true..

Coldsteel,

It was really good to see you here. Take care of yourself.

: )

• strypes
    strypes

Cofty,

Mathew 10:32-33...

You probably already know that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit