What Bomb Will Be Dropped at This Years District Convention?

by kneehighmiah 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

"Everyone come to this year's Memorial. It may be the last one!"

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

"Breaking News"

-"We are all bound for Heaven-no exceptions. Forget about Paradise earth- it was a looney "Idea" in the first place.

Would that be a bomb enough??

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I do think the 144,000 being literal will be dropped.

I used to think they would be forced to do this, but with the last development where they disregarded the rest of the annointed, i don't think it's necessary any longer. For all intents and purposes they've said " Hey the GB are the annointed, and all the others who make that claim might be - or not" . So i think that belief has some shelf life left.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I predict Zilch that you could really call new this year. They have to let all the recent major changes sink in and settle, also, they are reactive rather than proactive, so it needs a new threat to their income before they act.

There is no pressing need for "New Lite" just now, so they will not pull any out of their arse this year.

Just MHO.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. will be giving out free lobotomies for its devoted members in an effort to cleanse their minds from anti-jws

apostate propaganda.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The Watchtower and Awake magazines will no longer be printed in favor of handing out pamphlets and DVD's, i pad witnessing and JW.org.

Witnessing in public (carts and tables) will now be favored over door-to-door witnessing. "Please send your gas money for the World Wide Work."

'Sisters' will now be given titled responsiblities in the congregation - as readers, microphone handlers, literature/magazine/territory assistants, Kingdom Hall care leaders.

ginger

• Gregor
    Gregor

I remember the hype and anticipation years ago that turned out to be a resolution printed on cheap newsprint. It was something to do with the trumpet after marching around Jericho.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I don't think the bomb to be dropped will be a nu lite bomb. They will be cautious about dropping any more nu lites right now given that many are still reeling from the GB=FDS nu lite bomb.

I think the bomb to be dropped will be a new release/new feature bomb. It would be some new innovative development. If it's really something ' that has never happened before in theocratic history' then it would have to be something on the magnitude of C.T. Russel's Photodrama of creation.

Maybe they're working on or have completed a video production re-enacting all the bible stories and will progressively release them on JW.org and/or on DVD and/or in cinemas worldwide. Think of how much money they can rake in globally with a bible movie in the cinemas that they will advertise as being a production that is faithful to what the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts actually contain (as opposed to other recent hollywood productions).

Maybe it has to do with JW.org. Have you noticed in recent times their push to get the public to the site? I believe they'll add a contributions link inviting the public to voluntarily donate and/or have some big new attraction on the site to hook the public and reel them in.

Maybe they'll have an internet kingdom hall so that a person who is unable to physically go to the meetings due to illness can log-in to a special page and get a live feed of the meetings. They'll have selected kingdom halls the world over in each time zone to act as the hosts for this feature. This feature would be an innovative progression from the telephone hookup system. You now cannot use illness as an excuse to miss the meetings. But the elders would have to determine who is truly qualified to beneifit because they wouldn't want publishers to use the existence of this feature as an excuse to physically miss the meetings if they can physically attend.

I think it would be some big new innovation or some new release of great magnitude to distract attention away from the 100 years of uneventful kingdom rule and the discontent of many about recent doctrinal changes. They want to capture/steal the hearts of JWs who might now be sitting on the fence. They want to increase JWs emotional investment in the organization in addition to giving more warnings about apostates. They're trying to widen the gap between the faithful and the doubting. They know they can't win the war with apostates on the information, logic and doctrinal fronts so they have to fight hard on the emotional front which means they have to steal the hearts of JWs with new treats of greater than usual magnitude and use the "dynamic organization always on the move" propaganda.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Oubliette”: “Elder Qualifications: you cannot have molested a child within the last 15 minutes and there must not have been a second witness

LOL! Thanks Oubliette. I needed that laugh.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe they are making a video game?

SIMS, A Dub's Life.

Maybe a remake?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit