What Bomb Will Be Dropped at This Years District Convention?

by kneehighmiah 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If anyone is missing meetings, track them down and DF them. This is NOT the time for sympathy, compassion or any of that gooey sentimental stuff!

• Gregor
    Gregor

In short, the DC, in its entirety, will be a bomb. As in,"dud".

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I laughed so hard reading Oubliette's list my ribs ache!

LRG

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Next year will be the last Memorial.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was reading Oubilettes list and some of the others and it just occurred to me (after more than 30 years, mind you) that had I stayed in the borg, I would be one of the hardliner mean people who would cheer when they made the new "DFing announcement" that some predict. That scares me to think of how hardheaded and just mean that I think that being a "good" JW would have made me. Not all JWs have that kind of cult personality, but I truly think I would have been one. I also know that it is not my true personality. . . so how would I, a basically nice person, turn into an ogre to such a degree? I am a bleeding heart and give the benefit of the doubt kind of person. I wonder how much of who I am in in RESPONSE to escaping that prison and how much of it is my natural unadulterated by religion, self?

Stuff to ponder, indeed.

BTW, I think they are going to do some more tweaking of the 144K,but not all of it out, not now. They are gonna sneak it out and one day when no one is noticing, sneak some new thing in before you even realize what happened. That is how Rutherford did it, and the same morality seems to apply these days.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Then again, they warned us that they were GOING to shock us soon, so I guess they could take a "rip the band-aid off" kind of approach. Whoknows what the nutjobs will think of next?

• sir82
    sir82

They generally don't drop "bombs" at DCs.

In case you hadn't noticed information control is rather important to these guys.

The first DCs are in May (in the US anyway) and the last ones are scheduled for August / September.

What happens if they release a "bomb" in a May DC to a couple thousand JWs? Within 3 days the entire JW world (and ex-JW world, for that matter) has spread the news far in advance, and has likely spread exaggerations, incorrect understandings speculations,etc.

No, "bombs" are reserved for one-off occasions - new editions of the WT, or a super-special event like last year's AGM.

No bomb in this year's DC.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

If any bomb is dropped, it will be at the AGM early October. My best guess would be one of the following:

- The DC will be discontinued and replaced with the AGM (also one day, max 2)

- The 144k will become a symbolic number rather than literal (but they may push this change a few years out)

- Public Magazines become only available on-line (Tracts now counted as placements)

Look at whatever teaching are not sustainable or whatever costs can be cut and you will have their changes.

• sir82
    sir82

If you're speculating about new light in general, then yeah, the 144,000 as a symbolic number is inevitable.

To be followed up by no longer publishing the number of Memorial partakers.

They've have already marginalized 99+% of the "anointed" anyway be demoting them out of the "faithful and discreet slave". Why not finish off the execution?

The promotion of the GB to exclusively be the FDS was merely step 1.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

1. Only those that have made their will out to the WBT$ may drink the Kool-aid.

2. Why paedophiles are to be protected and non sexual predatorss that disagree with the Governing Body must be shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit