What Bomb Will Be Dropped at This Years District Convention?

by kneehighmiah 84 Replies latest jw friends

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

To save more money (paper and printing/transportation costs) the org will give the publishers little business cards to lead the householder to jw.org.

Beside the money saving - the publishers can carry more stuff in the handbag.

A new book will (must) be released for the midweek congregation bible (book)-study.

The revised bible will come for more languages.

(Jm2c)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

You must donate money or be Disfellowshipped.

Jesus and Jehovah(TM) are below the Governing Body(R) in status.

Jesus and Jehovah(TM) have been disfellowshipped by the Governing Body....all hail the most Holy Governing Body....bow before your leaders!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

What I heard is that 'something will happen that has never happened before in theocratic history'.

I am so excited, I just can't wait.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What I heard is that 'something will happen that has never happened before in theocratic history'.

Oh sh1t, they're breaking out the Kool-aid!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Yea, Punk, I had that thought too, but did not say so to the wife...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I think they may change the rule about only having association with da'd and duf'd family for essential family business. They may well change it to, if you really love Jehovah you will have nothing to do with these apostates.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Honestly I'm approaching this convention with a sense of fear and dread. Thankfully with the internet and the help of everyone here, I will know what's going to happen before I attend with my family so I can be prepared. I'm afraid we will be asked to do something objectionable and I will have to take a stand and lose my family and friends. However, its good to know that there are many out there who have seen through the fog. I'm preparing myself now to be independent if need be.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

kneehigh - It'll probably be nothing...as per usual!

Probably just hype to get as many there to contribute money as possible.

With the WBT$ always follow the money. Money and power being their real god!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The anticipation of a possible announcement will be enough to get people there. Day #1 will pass, Day#2 will pass. The tension will be palpable on Day #3. What will be revealed from the FDS/GB?!?! Day #3... The announcement is made.

" Brothers. We anticipate to receive even more revealed truths from Jehovah in the future. No doubt this years AGM will be one to remember."

It's a time tested method of stringing people along. No one wants to call BS, because what if....???? In the meantime another year of your life and another $500.00 is gone. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Kneehighmiah,

Me too. Reading Pistoff's post just made me sick to my stomach. I hope we get some leaked info before the DC. At this point the GB can say ANYTHING. No more 1914, 144,000 is symbolic, ect. Deep down, I imagine something more "organizational." Like a resolution to obey the GB no matter what, maybe a new form to be filled out. How many in your family, who is baptized, what's your monthly contribution goal? Some kind of loyalty test that must be signed and witnessed like a DPA. Who knows???

Somehow, I must make it through....

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit