Hello

by GoUnion 45 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

So many experiences here mimic each other. I was an MS as well. Stopped attending meetings abotu a year ago. Was fairly open with why (at least why it started for me), and they have basically left me alone completely. So that has been great!

So how does your wife feel? Are you able to fade away without having everyone coming around?

Welcome to the board!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Welcome! How interesting that you were woken up by the July 15 WT. I saw a lot of people on here ragging on the issue for just what you mentioned -- that it contains some pretty major new doctrine and there's no clear reason why the F&D Slave itself would not have known since 1919 what it was appointed over (as well as the other adjustments they introduced).

While I agreed with the sentiment, I had already stopped believing that the religion was the truth in 2012, and so I wondered what would be the perspective of a Witness who was still in. It seems to me that the new light was mostly over people's heads and that most of them were apathetic about it. I suspect that only JWs like yourself who were genuinely interested in doctrine could possibly be concerned by this kind of change. The rest just go along with the program since it doesn't (seem to) affect their lives at all.

By the way, what did you think of the infamous "strategic or human standpoint" statement in the Nov. 15 WT?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow. Great post GOUNION. Welcome!

• galaxie
    galaxie

Go, u welcome and well done for being able to use your sound reasoning abilities.

Best wishes to you.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nice one, glad you woke up and please continue your research.

• humbled
    humbled

Good to hear from you, GoUnion,

Hello and hang on.

There is a lot of support here---and a lot of rough "weather" at times.

Maeve

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Welcome!

• krejames
    krejames

Welcom GoUnion - enjoyed reading your first post and will look forward to more.

• clarity
    clarity

GoUnion.... welcome, glad you joined us!

Great first post! It is very shocking to find out

that you have been deceived, but as you keep digging

deeper .......everything becomes very clear.

Once you pull that first card out ...the whole house

falls down!

Hope your wife is with you in this, it will be much easier!

Wishing you both well...... look forward to hearing more.

clarity

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Welcome here and to the rest of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit