Hello

by GoUnion 45 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome GU , I hope your wife is on the same page as you , could be problematic if she is not . Best of luck.

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener

Nice to hear from you GU.

There were thoughts posted on here that the change in teaching regarding the FDS may wake up a few of the thinkers. A number of posters here woke up when they changed the generation teaching.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, it's good to have you with us sharing your experience. Enjoy the journey. It's funny how god didn't reveal things gradually the last time he destroyed wicked people in Noahs time! Then again god doesn't like warning people that much at all looking at history.

• zophar
    zophar

"If god accepts individuals spreading incorrect ideas, then truly it is their heart condition that matters to him, however could that not then apply to every human on earth regardless of their religion or beliefs?"

Excellent reasoning.

Hope you continue in your spiritual awakening. It has taken me a bit longer. Served over 35 yrs as elder before resigning after too many "adjustments" to "The Truth". Indeed the 7/15/13 WT was huge, and like you said very little Scriptural reasoning in that article, just opinion and speculation.

Two years ago a member of the GB was at .... What used to be called the SAD... In my area. My wife and I were young pioneers when his parents served us in his dad's first assignment as CO. They were a very loving and helpful couple. They truly lived their beliefs and were such genuine, sincere people. Of course, now the father is dead and the mother is in her 80's or 90's, never having their hopes of seeing the end come true. How I wanted to discuss this with him and ask WHY do you keep emphasizing "The end is near?" In fact it was about the time when his parent were in our Circuit when this statement appeared in the Kingdom Ministry: "We are living deep in the time of the end". - km 5/73

I spoke with him for a moment and there didn't seem to be the slightest interest in our friendship with his parents. And definitely nothing that would impel me to engage him in any thought provoking conversation.

Good luck on your continuing journey.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome GoUnion,

How about your wife, is she reading CoC too?

Kate xx

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

GoUnion, welcome!

I really enjoyed your introductory post. You make a lot of really powerful points. My favorite was toward the end when you expressed the idea that each of us must struggle with life's questions and come to find our own answers. This is exactly right.

We are not to blindly accept other's answers as if they are our own any more than anyone else should accept ours. It is a powerful to be able to question, to wonder, to think. Yes, TO THINK!

Once a person learns to think for themselves amazing things begin to happen in their life!

Keep us posted.

Oubliette

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

welcome and all my best to you as you learn how this will affect your life. Just knowing changes everything. Then you will be figuring out what to do about it. You will get a lot of support here-good ideas and some that won't be appropriate for you. Take your time and consider things before you go off and burn bridges.

its an exciting time to open your mind and see what the world really is-the good, bad and ugly. Its great that you can see through the BS in the KH. There is plenty of it all around and the trick is to not let it get to you. The sun still shines and the world has a lot of wonderfulness in it-so do people. Learn to see the best in things. Its a hard bad habit to get out of the WT think, but reality is an ok place to be.

• clarity
    clarity

Zophar ...9 posts only ...that makes you a Newbie!

Which of course is very special, congratulations on

your awakening and know that you are very welcome here.

Feel free to speak the unspeakable, we have all been thru it!

Best wishes to you & Mrs Zophar.

clarity

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome goUnion. Take your time on everything you do. Learning the TATT takes time and deep thinking. All of us here have gone though this process and really still going through it. When I started reading COC I said to myself if I find one lie in this book I will go not leave the Wt. Guess what? I am out of the cult. Any rate it's great you have waken up. Thank you for your story and take care. Still Totally ADD

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Welcome to the forum, GoUnion!

You are not alone in your discovery and journey.

You may feel mixed emotions in the days ahead, but whatever happens, please believe that things will be better once your mind is free and clear.

Regards from the Pacific.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit