I'm not trying to brag, but being an EXJW is awesome!!! Status Update-

by Coffee House Girl 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

That is a great accomplishment! I liked the way you even recognized the fact that you took some value from your JW education: good study habits and discipline, and applied that discipline to something YOU are passionate about. You have not only defeated the mind-control attempts of the WTS, but you have beaten them at their own game.

Way to use your talents and passions, to achieve your goals and dreams. I wish you much success and happiness. Good luck in your decision!

• finally awake
    finally awake

We live not too terribly far from Eastern Illinois University - we could meet up sometime!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks everyone for your replies and PM's I will get to replying soon!!

for band on the run: first...Margaret Mead...wow, she definately does have the reputation...I know people are re-evaluating her work and say some negative things now about her possible "exaggerations or liberties", but she is still an amazing researcher & writer! secondly...Haha, people have hinted that perhaps I should pit one school against the other to see what happens...

VCU only gave the the offer when I informed them of EIU's...I do have to email EIU to let them know I need an extension on replying because I will fly down to Richmond to see the VCU campus...I am horrible at asking for more so I probably will let it go from there and see what happens. EIU is a vigourously competative program, they interviewed 20 people and they only let in 10 per year- so I know there are many clammoring for my position- so I doubt that EIU will offer more (and I am not expecting that).

I know what you mean about following the rules...it is TOTALLY ingrained in me too- although I have been more aggressive than I ever have been asking for things that I want in the last year or so...I'm learning by watching how the worldlies do it!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Well done for following your dreams and not listening to discouraging people. You deserve your success.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Well done cofee house girl, follow your dreams.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Congratulations!! No you are not bragging and it makes my heart rejoice when someone from the EX community is able to follow their dreams and get into college and then on top of it to get offered a free Masters program. Way to go. Keep up the good work and my only suggestion would be to look at the history of both schools and see which one will give you a better advantage in the job market since your area can be a little harder to get into. Both schools are in great areas of the country so you would probably enjoy either one unless you hate the cold! LOL

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

What awesome news! Sharing your excitement about positive happenings in your life after leaving the JWs is not bragging at all. I hope others read your post and know that it is possible to have a fulfilling life that outside of the religion.

Congratulations!

Shop.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I am sorry but:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 - "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years . ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

• suavojr
    suavojr

oops! We are in 2014 now

• suavojr
    suavojr

congrats girl!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit