I'm not trying to brag, but being an EXJW is awesome!!! Status Update-

by Coffee House Girl 64 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

CHG,

I understand completely your thoughts. I was proud when I finished by undergraduate degree and was hoping as many JWs knew about it as possible. I had the same feeling when I got my Master's degree and when I complete my PhD, I'm gonna be like Snare and crow to the whole damn world!!!! I may even go back to the KH and make an announcement!!! Spread your wings and fly, baby girl.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well done, you are an inspiration. I am struggling after leaving and you give me hope. Kate xx

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I'm so happy for you Coffee House Girl!!! Living your dream is awesome.

All my best to you and Coffee House Guy.

Reopened Mind

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am curious about one aspect. Do you have a faculty mentor who suggested playing the two schools off each other? It is the type of thing that I could not conceive of doing in high school. I was so deferential. Rules were rules. I took the WTS with me for a long time. Students with powerful fathers mentioned trying such tactics. The Ivy League has a small amount of arrogance. I repeatedly saw how they prospered more than I did. It was only when I was immersed that I started to try such strategems. In the beginning, I was ready to vomit from the stress. It was only when it was obvious I had to report back to friends and faculty that I pushed ahead.

If your college taught you these skills, you were blessed with college. The scholarships and program are impressive but knowing to give it a try, that good things happen on earth, may be a larger life lesson.

I meander from feeling grown up to feeling as though I am still in the Witnesses.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

This is the kind of experience that gives me the impetus to keep away from the soul dragging life of a robotic drone JW.

A hearty congratulations and the best for your bright future!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done, we are proud of you ! Keep us updated please.

Phizzy of the No-qualifications Class, well, I did pass my Cycling Proficiency Exam at age 9.

• nugget
    nugget

Well done that is an awesome achievement. Just shows how important it is to allow our talents to blossom. As a group we have so much potential it is truly good news to see someone achieving such good things.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congratulations Coffee House Girl!! Trust your instincts.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sent you a PM!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Awesome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit