I'm not trying to brag, but being an EXJW is awesome!!! Status Update-

by Coffee House Girl 64 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

A choice between two great offers? What a great problem to have~!!

Congrats on making your dreams come true *and* ThankYou for sharing your excitement with us~!!

-Aude.

• under the radar
    under the radar

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have every right to be proud. I don't think you're bragging at all. Like someone else said, you're just rejoicing. And it's well justified. You go, girl!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Your news has made my morning. Thank you for sharing such amazing news. I am so happy for you it has brought tears to my eyes.

Well done and congratulations!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Wow! What exciting news!

Thank you for thinking of us, your JWN family to share such happy news with!

What decisions you now have to make.

I am so happy for you!

LoisLane

• happy@last
    happy@last

Superb, a great update. Thank you for sharing it. All the best.

• bemused
    bemused

Well done! I've always been convinced that you have to study what you enjoy and not what might be most 'useful'.

• designs
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

So very happy for you. Keep us updated!

• DJS
    DJS

CHG,

I'm very very very happy for you. Excellent. Outstanding. Being happy, content and successful is the best revenge, isn't it?!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks so much everyone for your replies and support!!!! I don't have many people to share my excitement with who REALLY get where I'm comming from or what I had to do to get there....so your words mean so much to me

I'm going home to tell my mom the news today...I don't know how she will take it, but she doesn't really understand anything about higher education so I doubt she will appreciate why I am going for more...she thinks I am addicted to being a student (that I don't really want to get a job)...but she will NEVER understand so I am not expecting any great rejoicing there.

Coffee House Guy still remains a great support for me, he is excited for the adventure of living in a new place & will support which ever school I choose- he doesn't stress about things like I do. He just tells me that he will get a job, find a church, and make new friends...no worries!

I often think about "proving myself" to my JW relatives and friends who no longer speak to me (proving that leaving the "truth" doesn't mean your life turns to shit)...and I fanticize about their reaction when my mom telling all the JWs that I am going on to graduate school...but I don't think I will be proving anything to them other than "she has chosen her paradise now" and they will still think I am a sad sad individual. So I won't give my hopes up that any of my former family/friends will be inspired by my life's direction.

I really hope that I can be of some help/encouragement for anyone here on this board who has questions/concerns about college...so if anyone wants my perspective and practical advice about classes-homework-finances-dorms-professors-internships....ANYTHING- please know you can message me anytime

Thanks again for your love and support JWN!!

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit