Question to atheists: if there is no creator/god---

by prologos 92 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

On the way out: I remember a 'cofty' from an old movie:

"The grape is the only intelligent fruit, it knows how to turn itself into wine.",--

So is the primordial plasma, it organized itself into the quarks, atoms, molecules , clusters, galaxies, solar and EXO systems, organic compounds------.

using the Higgs, gravity, the strong, the weak, electro-magnetic forces, all un-intelligent as was said.

still, that makes us (not me, phissy et al) but us living creatures, even aliens,

AWSOME, the greatest intelligent minds in the COSMOS

• galaxie
    galaxie

Phizzy, you are not far off the mark it was energy ( intense activity ) in primitive mans brains that first spawned the concept of god or some supernatural force

which brought about the good or bad things they had no understanding or control over.

Thank god for science( OOPS ) LOL!!

• Island Man
    Island Man

No. Just because there is no god does not mean there are no being superior in intelligence and power to us.

• prologos
    prologos

would not "a being with superior intelligence" or many of them a 'god' or gods?

since we can only see the past, even of each other, there is no sign of them in 13 billion years look-back-time.

so if there is no creator, as atheists have concluded,

we, and the hidden aliens, must be it,

the most intelligent beings, life, in the cosmos, even from before 'the beginning' that ever was and thankfully (oops) is.

if that party today is a proven victory party, it would give me, us, the biggest EGO BOOST narcistic confirmation ever. (where is the mirror?)

• designs
    designs

Phizzy- Tesla would probably agree.

• prologos
    prologos

Phizzy's Design: --would Tesla agree that energy is god?; energy in wich form, alternating electric current? potential gravitational energy? dynamic energy of movement? energy in it's alter ego, MASS?

It seems there is no higher intelligence in any of the above.

It took the Tesla 'higher intelligence' to beat Edison's one-way flow energy with Tesla's alternating pulse electricity. so

Energy can at best be a tool. and

when the term 'Cosmos' is used in contrast with UNI-MULTI-VERS(S), for those that are versed in the subject, the 'higher intelligence' question goes beyond our common atheist's level. Even the sky is not the limit.

• DJS
    DJS

In response to the OP: I gave all of that a lot of thought a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away (JW land). I no longer give it any thought; if the evidence or data presents itself, I will consider it. The difficulty of space travel makes it unlikely aliens could make it this far and still make it back home. And if their technology/intelligence level was such that they could make it this far, dominating pathetic earthlings would be a breeze. And really, if they could make it this far and simply want to 'observe' us they are really screwed up.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

if you are sure there is no god, do you then believe that we,our minds, are the highest intelligence? not just of the universe, but the cosmos?

We don't need to boil this down to such a linear question. I personally don't believe in the God of the bible. The God that is supposed to care for mankind and somehow be involved in our lives. I see no evidence that this type of God exists.

Does this mean it's impossible that there is a greater being that was a creator? No it's not impossible. It could well be that a creator started all of this, but in light of the fact that he doesn't give a $hit about us, they why would I make it a relevant part of my life?

If God exists, he has a chance, every day, of making all of life's problems go away. He has a chance to easily turn everybody currently alive into a believer in him by making it undeniably evident that he exists. Yet, nothing. Instead, fuzzy logic, smoke screens and tease games - it's not a way to rule over anything.

• cofty
    cofty

It's not impossible that complex life is very rare if not unique.

I am sure simple bacterial life will be found on other planets eventually and may become common place. Bacteria and archaea had earth all to themsleves for 2 billion years. They can never become large or complex due to the restraints of respiration. The events that led to large eukaryotic cells and multi-cellular life was so unlikely it may be unique to earth.

But in the immortal words of Jeff Goldblum, "life will find a way".

As for intelligence without a physical brain - no, that is pure fiction.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Cofty, I sometimes doubt you were ever a JW elder with the way you comment... Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit