• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

DD:"It contains many errors"
    ..For example?

Acts 20:28

• heavensgate11
    heavensgate11

DOT

let me start off by saying, I'm not hear to defend or deny other than the truth. Judgment belongs to GOD

I wasn’t lumping you with JWN Community. I’m simply stating if you don’t follow their doctrine or interpretation or there off, they will get upset and start to insult you. As you can see by DD’s comments I’m ignorant and should leave the Community and this is by someone that is an intellect and professes not to advocate hate. As I proved to another member, The Watchtower publication can be rewritten to be misleading, and people accept it. If you have the Awake you will see the distinction. There is no overlapping when you see the truth behind the article.

If you’re a true JW, this site is not for you. Research the internet.

The article you refer to has been answered in this Community many times.

C.T. Russell and the Bible Students interpreted the first part of this passage to mean that all people born before 1914 would not have the privilege to see Gods glory in the second coming of Christ. This is evident in the quote provided: “"My advice is, then, give your children an education up to public school limit, not even attempting to take them through high school, for they get plenty of Higher Criticism [sic] in the high schools, and it will not be long before they have it in the common schools also." What Pastor Russell Said (Leslie W. Jones Chicago 1917) pp.57-58” referring to Matthew 24:34

The second part on that publication also talked about higher education. This was misinterpreted by unscrupulous people that wanted to defend their ideological placement on higher education. People back then could find a job without the need of higher education. The necessity of higher education even today has limitations and no guarantees. Some people today blame the WTS for not having a good retirement plan because they only see the materialism in today’s society. But whatever the case may be, it should be up to the younger generation to choose their own value.

Matthew 24:34

English Standard Version (ESV)

34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:’ this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Hi DoT,

Like you I stayed away from 'apostate' sites.

This one has next to no comments on, just quotes from WT publications, which of course are not apostate:

http://dciscorp.com/qwotes/admin-site-map.htm#beliefs

and this one is a useful site with loads of PDFs from old literature, so it's just a study site:

http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/english/

Scroll down on the left to the english section and you'll see the links to the different literature.

For example, when I was researching the societys attitude to race I found this quote on the link above (http://dciscorp.com/qwotes/race.htm):

There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant

I simply couldn't believe it was true. So I looked it up on the wtarchive site, and there it was:

http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/archive/en/GoldenAge/g1929.pdf

Open the PDF and enter page number 479 at the top of the PDF.

Ask yourself, why would God's Spirit directed organisation make that comment?

The section Medical & Science on the quotes site makes for some jaw dropping reading. Check out http://dciscorp.com/qwotes/vaccination.htm

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Defender of truth, I just read all of that and well done for being brave enough to stand up for yourself and your beliefs.

I'm not going to jwfacts or anything else that's apostate, though, we're told not to do that.

I seriously think that you should. I was just like you. But if you're having doubts then choosing not to do your own research is probably the worst thing you can do. I seriously wish the gb didn't tell people to stay away from "apostate" sites because really, it robs you of the opportunity to convince yourself that you do or do not have the truth.

Do what I did. Go onto one (with an open mind, not just to find fault with everything) and only read articles based purely on facts. Whether they are scientific facts or past watchtower teachings (which are always backed up by quotes btw). This way personal interpretations have no bearing on whether or not wtbs is the true religion.

But don't just read one thing you don't like and disregard everything else on the site. If you change your mind and do go onto jwfacts might I recommend the article about Noah's ark and the global flood? It argues whether or not a global flood could have happened as described in the bible and in the wt publications. I admit some things might be open to interpretation but the facts that show that it couldn't have happened aren't.

also could someone tell me: does that view counter in the top right corner count more than one person twice or what? I mean that's a lot of people in a few days

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I am a fader because I don't see why I would want to defend anything.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Think of it this way defender...WHay wont they let you do your own research? What is it THEY have to hide? You have already seen from their history that there has been dishonesty....is this humble? No. Humility is admitting mistakes when u make them. Have you read Steven Hassans work? He is not an apostate and this might let you look objectively at the organization without compromising you...

when inwas young, and i didnsomething wrong i would FIRST point to my brother and say HE DID IT!! This is the tactic done by WT and then they control the information you are allowed to look at--information that may reveal anything theyve covered up or goes against what they want you to think.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Heaven'sgate,

Your comment are inaccurate. No one here expects DOT to follow our "truth" or believe whatever we say. You comment is ignorant by definition. Stop trolling.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I wasn’t lumping you with JWN Community. I’m simply stating if you don’t follow their doctrine or interpretation or there off, they will get upset and start to insult you.

As you can see by DD’s comments I’m ignorant and should leave the Community and this is by someone that is an intellect and professes not to advocate hate.

As I proved to another member.....Heavens Gate11..

JWN doesn`t have Doctrines..

There are as Many Opinions here,as there Are People..

The only people who can cancel your account on JWN..Is JWN Administration..

Data-Dog is No Threat to you..

Even when the JWN community member is clearly wrong like Outlaw his peoplewill turn around in a split second and

condemn the other as being deceptive......Heavens Gate11

Pretending to make me (Or anyone else) a Leader on JWN,with Followers who obey Commands and/or Doctrines..

Shows a "Lack of Knowledge" about how JWN works and my place here..

Data-Dog could have also used the words..Unaware..Uninformed or Ignorant..

He choose ignorant..

Data-Dog was simply Pointing Out the Obvious..

Pointing Out the Obvious is Not Advocating Hate..

To Date..You haven`t Proven Anything..

..................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Heavensgate:"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things.."
    ..Thanks for replying, but you still seem to have ignored what I'm saying, or maybe I just need it to be explained more simply. (this is driving me crazy!!)
    You WILL NEVER GROW OLD. They describe this as a FACT. And why? Because..
    "Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:’ this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career.."
    .. Look at the word 'therefore'. The article uses Jesus' words as a guarantee of what they are going to say next..
    So because of the interpretation at that time of the length of a generation, (which at least made sense to me whereas the whole overlapping teaching appears to have no Scriptural precedent and has bugged me for ages, unless I've missed something somewhere), we apparently used the phrase there 'you WILL never'. YOU WILL NEVER!!
    Our interpretation at that time was stated as a fact, even though at the end of the day it was just the reasoning of fallible men.. And Jehovah let them print that..?
    How else can you read it??

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Anyway, to those here at JWN..
    Thank you for your replies and (mainly) your patience with me up to now, even if we don't agree, especially to Problemaddict who has put up with insults from me and not responded in kind. I'll take a rain check on the blood discussion, thanks, there is too much going on in my head and my life at the moment as it is, and that is a clear scriptural command to me..
    I will take a look back over everything that's been said and read any replies on the issues that we've talked about, but I need a break from talking here. Don't worry if I stop posting, I need time to think now.
    I don't think Heavensgate is going to give any clear answers anytime soon, he seems to avoid what I have asked, so I might have a look at jwfacts after all.. Good night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit