BOTR- Announcement

by Band on the Run 59 Replies latest jw friends

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

BOTR,

Here is a quote to help you with those who do not appreciate you:

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." ~ Frank Zappa

I have always appreciated your viewpiont on things. Apparently others do not. I saw a little of the piling on, from those with questionable intellect on this thread. They are mostly catty little turds.

Don't let them break your "give a shit."

zed

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

To Rip Van Winkle

If you slowed down you may see that I put a LOL! after my comment AKA it was a joke....

Maybe I should add lack of sense of humour to the sins of New Yorkers

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Doofy,

If YOU slowed down YOU would have seen that I put emos on my funny retort. Maybe a NY sense of humor will help you get over your rudeness and lack for details! ( This is where the wink eyed smiley will go!) LoL

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You know she is reading all the comments here but realizes since she signed off for the second time here she cant use

her usual response to tell someone they have no class and how well educated she is. Class and education are not to

to be bragged about, it usually shines through, except in her case of course

• steve2
    steve2

I think it's helpful to reflect that the "best"of us can take offence and overreact. On one occasion some years ago I dared utter some impudent line about one of Barbára Anderson's posts. I criticized her post as "breathless"because it reminded me of the sensationalist stuff about "the end" we'd find in the Watchtower or Awake! I was clear to state it was my opinion.

I had no inkling what Barbara would next do: She looked up my profile on JWN, in which I outlined the circumstances under which I left the organization, disclosing I was gay and had subsequently got my PhD in Clinical Psychology. In her response, Mrs Anderson obliquely referenced these details - details that were totally irrelevant to what I had said and she kind of mocked my "expertise" - something I had not even claimed to draw upon in my comments.

And others on the forum joined in, cheering her on!!! Gulp! For a while, I licked my wounds - but I built a bridge and got over it.

Fact is, when anyone of us dares make a comment, either "for" or "against" something that's been said or claimed, we are - within the limits of the posting rules - fair game. I had hoped Mrs Anderson would stick to the facts of what had been said - but she didn't. I simply had to accept that the "best" of us - on this forum and in life in general - are only human.

I will miss BOTR, just as I miss many others who've notified us they're going. But it is practical wisdom to remember that, wherever you go, you take you - and you meet people who will dismiss what you say as quick as look at you. Dare to speak your mind and, as Mrs Anderson and I both found out, you'll feel some measure of a negative reaction and fight the urge to pay back in some way.

There are no saints - only people doing their best to balance the need for personal honesty with the need for interpersonal diplomacy. And some days we simply and gracelessly fall on our faces.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Great post Steve.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Very well said Steve.

BOTR I wish you well.

• humbled
    humbled

Steve,

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

To Rip Van Winkle

Yeah calling me Doofus was soooo funny.....

Maybe I should add bad 70's humour to the list.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have mixed feelings about this post .BOTR did bring a lawyers perspective to many issues that were raised here on the one hand , but on the other hand she did seem to be up her self , giving the impression she was more educated and above anybody else . I think we crossed once or twice on an issue , she has her opinion I have mine . Thats what a discussion board is all about , not convincing everybody to agree with your point of view .Its about having an alternative view to your own , and letting a discussion take place. It takes all kinds of people to make a world . It takes all kinds of people to make a sucessfull discussion forum .

Please re-think your decision BOTR

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit