BOTR- Announcement

by Band on the Run 59 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Oh, Doofy, my phone changes words. I won't take credit for that.

Perhaps I should have left ""Crapoy" or " Coitus" those were two of the changes my phone made to your name, along with "Foodie" and "Doors". I just can't take the credit !

But, do tell me about the 70's. You like the era of polyester leisure suits, pet rocks and mood rings? Anyway, you seem to have the 70's humor down pat.

And you look dressed and ready for the Disco!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ah. the 70's

So full of memories

I wanted a pair of high heeled boots

like my oldest sister

couldn't get 'em

I don't know why she did, come to think of it

maybe she was allowed to cover her skinny legs

Poor thing thought she was cute

walkin' round lookin' like sticks in paint buckets

I never got what I wanted

ANYWAY BTTT

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Two posts since you stopped posting. Band, someone's stolen your identity! You need a lawyer.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Well I think BOTR got what she wanted from her post - 3 pages of commentary, including some acrimany between posters - great stuff. For the record I am also a lawyer but I don't go out of my way to advertise the fact and I certainly wouldn't set myself up as an expert on all things legal or venture a legal opinion outside my area of expertise.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yeah X, that strange isnt it, perhaps someone needs to have their meds adjusted.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

wasblind

Remember Huckapoo shirts and buffaloes?

Earth shoes and pucca beads?

Pong?

BOTR,

You've crossed this bridge before. Take a break, and come back if and when you decide you are ready to do so.

You bring a lot of insight to this forum, so I hope you return some day. But your emotional well-being is more important than any posts you have made or will make on this forum, so do what's best for you!

Best,

John

• wasblind
    wasblind

RIP

You better know I do

I had no idea what so ever

that Jehovah's Witnesses were waitin'

for the end in the 70's

That's when life started bein' fun for me

ANYWAY BTTT

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Why is it that anyones area of expertise, needs to not be discussed? isn't that the point of any community? To pool experiences and life, and occasionally help others with what you can offer them, in hope they do the same for others?

This is really an odd thread. Not knowing what in particular set you off, there are so many people here, why be troubled by a few comments you dont like? There are good lawyers, there are bad ones. I think they can make a bit too much for what they do, but then again, a good lawyer is in very high demand. What the hell does this have to do with you speaking on a JW conversation board? There are others here with legal training that comment on various topics.

I guess I simply don't understand. You have been around here quite abit, but this post reeks of self serving importance and seeking pity. Doesn't sound like you. Then again.....I don't really know you do I?

This board is uncensored generally. So we get all sorts. Develope a filter, and you will be happier. Contribute to helping others, and you will be happier. Don't put som much importance on "self" and your 7 years fo education, and you will be happier.

Enjoy your time off! Take care.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I have a law degree but don't use it as I make a better living doing what I've been doing for all of these years....I'm often hesitant to tell people. The reaction often is negative. I think that's the case because really one side is always going to be unhappy with any outcome in a court of law. That's 50 percent. Of course, you're more likely to talk about a negative experience rather than a positive one. I interract with attorneys every day all of the time. Some are wonderful, some are not, some are competent, some are quite horrid...but that's the same with any profession, I imagine. You always get a few bad apples.

I don't think, BOTR, that you should be too hurt in my opinion. I am sure you've gotten into a lot worse tussles with fellow attorneys. I would just shake this off and continue on. After all, opinions are what you deal with all the time too -- the kind that come down from the courts. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit