BOTR- Announcement

by Band on the Run 59 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't understand the "Jehovah's Witness" part. Are you saying that the WTBTS is in deep doo-doo?? I hope you don't go because a real lawyer is great to have around. Many of us are limited to our opinions based on what is ethical or moral. We know what we would do to the WTBTS, but we don't understand the law. Whatever you do, good luck.

DD

• wasblind
    wasblind

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

I'm standin' here outside your door

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

I'm leavin' on a jet plane,

I don't know when I'll be back again

Oh babe , I hate to go

Take a break Band , and come back refreshed

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Band..

I`d hate to see you go too..

I agree with WasBlind..

Take a vacation,come back refreshed..

...............................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

There are some very bright members with great insight in a variety of fields. I don't know why they stay here.

Says the person who has 8300 posts here....a saying about a kettle and a pot comes to mind.

I really don't get your deal BOTR, its a discussion board, not everyone agrees. So what? That is what makes it interesting.

• humbled
    humbled

BOTR,

It may be futile to post anything to you if you are done with us all, but I will say something anyway.

It can be frustrating to attain the status and competence that you have, one that you expect would garner respect or at least a respectful disagreement in a discussion. In court that may be the rule but out here "in the streets", so to speak, you are liable to be treated without regard for your attainments and experience.

That said, you have marked that some of us have no such status and no professional competence. Nevertheless, when we post on the forum we would like that same respect accorded to us. A direct rebuttal, a contrary remark to a given point is fine. But condescension is not helpful. Adhominems are wrong as are snide remarks.

You are incensed that someone has disrespected your legal expertise. Let it go.

But are your feelings hurt? Then work to create a more civil environment on JWN.

• metatron
    metatron

I just want to say how much I've appreciated your expertise here.

I would point out that the frequent lack of civility here damages our cause and helps the Watchtower.

I was horrified to witness the way a sick old man like Maximus was treated years back - he was a huge potential source of valuable info. The same goes for Barb Anderson and others. Getting such people discouraged and off this site is exactly what the WTS wants, make no mistake about it.

metatron

• Comatose
    Comatose

Someone link me to the fight thread! I am hoping it is worth this post. It could be entertaining. I missed it somehow.

comatose, Esq.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Well I don't know if BOTR is actually a lawyer (by her vague legal arguments on her posts) but she definitely is a New Yorker....Such arrogance!

LOL!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

"When will you humans learn that your 'feelings', as you call them, can stand in the way of big cash payoffs?!"

Thankyou for yet another reminder, you are brilliant. Highly educated and far above most of us poor, uneducated souls here at JWN.

As I slave away in the sun everyday, I often ponder about amazing people such as you, and think myself so lucky that I am even allowed to post on the same forum.

Please don't go. Your humility and reasonableness, along with your short and concise comments that always make perfect sense, will be missed.

However, if you do go, could you at least drop by from time to time and let us know if you are still a lawyer, and still awesome?

Thanks.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

CLARITY: But I can not recall even one of your posts where you did not mention your great LAWYER position.

VIVIANE: BOTR is a lawyer? I must have missed that in every post were she mentions she is a lawyer.

DOOFDADDY: Well I don't know if BOTR is actually a lawyer (by her vague legal arguments on her posts) but she definitely is a New Yorker....Such arrogance!

APOGNOPHIS: A discussion forum is the great equalizer.

WITNESS- MY FURY: What a stuck up arrogant prick. I wont miss you one little bit.

SHIRLEY:Oh brother, we have heard this before, may the Amighty Jehovah make sure it sticks this time.

>

Humility can be a tough pill to swallow.

Band, do you swallow? We'll let you stay. No sitting in the backroom or nothin' like that. But no lovebombing either.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit