Our friend FARKEL has died

by Nathan Natas 241 Replies latest members private

• AnneB
    AnneB

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=FARKL

Light a (free) candle in Farkel's memory.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Very sorry to hear that . Rest in peace Farkel

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Sorry to hear this news. I enjoyed his posts.

• Violia
    Violia

trying to pass this sad news on, most of the old timers don't post here anymore. Light a candle online free, 2 posts up, AnneB.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Goodnight sweet Prince, and flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest

• Satanus
    Satanus

Noooo!!

S

• Terry
    Terry

FARKEL was an iron man!

He was heroic.

He was a cocked pistol and an itchy trigger finger rolled into one.

Farkel could eat you for breakfast if you crossed him in debate. But, he was a sweet, kind soul, and crackled with intelligence.

I'd urge everybody here, in honor of him, to go into the history section of old posts and scan through his original postings.

He did complete and competent research on many important topics. He never took the easy road or the path of least resistence.

Farkel was a thinker and his spirit roared like a lion although his body was very weak and he told me: seldom free of excruciating pain.

If any good is to come of his passing, let it be that he stood firm in exposing all the nasty details of Watch Tower crimes against humanity.

He went down swinging.

Oh, he could swing at your chin and clip you a good one if he caught you saing something stupid!

Early on, he and I crossed swords now and then--but, I quickly learned to respect him and we became good friends.

The greatest compliment I can give another human being is this--he was an intellectually honest person.

There wasn't a passive, go-along-to-get-along bone in his aching body!

We can all be very proud indeed to have known him and to have the wonderful legacy and treasure of his writings

preserved here on JW-net, thanks to Simon's archives!

Go Here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/2670/started/1

Rest in Peace, my friend, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am saddened to hear this.

His humour raised my spirits when I waking up to the lie, his research helped me realise how deep the lie went and his no-nonsense approach to "nitwits" was just legendary.

RIP Farkel

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is very sad. He was a one of a kind poster that brought many a smile to my lips.

Is there an account of his life anywhere? It seems he was not particularly old.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

"I clicked on ActiveTopics and saw that one of his posts from 12 years ago was brought to the top. And I smiled. Such classic posting back when this board was young.

Then a few lines down and I find this thread. And my smile turned to sadness." - AudeSapere

I had the same reaction. I lurked for a longggg time before joining/posting and over the years found myself being drawn to his posts, over and over again. So much of what he wrote - even tho' I'd been DF'd for a while - helped me break the mental chains to this horrifically devastating cult.

RIP Farkel/Doug Thank you for shining a light

~ RTA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit