Our friend FARKEL has died

by Nathan Natas 241 Replies latest members private

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Over the past few years, Farkel (Doug Checketts) and I had become good friends. I last heard from him about two weeks ago, and more recent attempts to call him rolled into voicemail. Today I called and learned his phone was disconnected.

Concerned, I called the Sacramento California Sheriff's office and requested a "welfare check" on him. They just called me and told me that the Sacramento Fire Department had responded to his location on the last day of January and found him deceased.

It was an honor to know him. I know his essays helped many to break free of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society's mind control. THAT was the great campaign of his life.

He will be missed.

I am going to try to get some additional information from the Sacramento Coroner's Office, but I am NOT family, so I don't know what they will be willing to tell me. If any of you have better connections than I, please use them and share what you learn.

Doug was not in good health. He suffered from COPD. His suffering is over.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wow, that is really sad news.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Sorry to hear. His comments were always insightful and helpful.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sorry to hear. I always enjoyed his posts. He was a great asset to the JWN.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I will miss his comments, too.

• Witness My Fury
  • Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am so sorry to hear this, I always enjoyed his posts and he will be missed.

• Miss.Fit
  • sir82
    sir82

He will be missed.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for letting us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit