Our friend FARKEL has died

by Nathan Natas 241 Replies latest members private

• flipper
    flipper

NATHAN- Thanks so much for posting this thread. This dear man needs to be remembered for all help and assistance he gave others in exiting the JW cult and for opening minds to freedom of thought. A couple of my close friends on the board called me yesterday to inform me of Doug's death as I have been working out of town all week not able to get on the board. I was lucky to have known Doug as a casual friend as we went to lunch only twice in a couple years and chatted occasionally on the phone. He was one of the most honest, straightforward people I ever knew. He'd call a spade a spade - but did it with a dry sense of humor while leaving the listener with his dignity intact while doing so. The cool thing about him is he made you think about things. Angles on subjects we may have never considered before. He definitely thought outside the box and that's what I enjoyed about the couple times we got together. If it wasn't for Doug- I would never have thought about reading 1984 by George Orwell at his suggestion - it ended up being one of the most educational books I read in my ex-JW years for which I'm grateful Doug encouraged me to read. Fortunately all of Dougs adult children were OUT of the JW cult as far as he told me and he did sustain a relationship with them he told me at our last lunch this last summer. My heart aches for Dougs exit, however the example he set in straightforwardly speaking the truth about matters and not buying into bull$hit should never be lost on any of us. My wife and I send our condolences to his family and close friends who knew him even more than I did. Farkel, Doug I love you wherever you may be - I'll always remember your wisdom, your caring, and your truth and honesty. Very rare to find it in people these days- but Doug had it in spades. It spoke well of his character, rest in peace friend. Sincerely, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel is rolling in his grave due to WC's Post. Lol !!!! I will forever be indebted to Farkel for having me come to grips with the thought that JWs are a CULT! And it's true, he could be impossible but he was irresistible. For whatever reason, he always needed kudos by his admirers. I think it made him feel his worth. In the early days, Farkel was here to instruct and expose the craziness of the Watchtower. As the board evolved, he had a hard time dealing with those that were not hardcore apostates and hated certain fluff types.....in the end, he clearly was beloved and appreciated by most that frequented the board. Farkel will be missed but never forgotten.

• minimus
    minimus

PS , Nathan, you are a class act, sir.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Very sad indeed.

Please...let there be an afterlife.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am saddened to hear this. Thank you so much for letting us know. I will miss his posts.

Quandry

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

RIP Farkel

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Always enjoyed Farkel's "ornery" nature. Will have to read his story. . . .

• dog is god
    dog is god

He really helped me learn to think. Thank you Farkle.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I knew fark all about Farkel but I'm sad to hear this. He helped a lot of people on here and will be missed.

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit