Our friend FARKEL has died

by Nathan Natas 241 Replies latest members private

• whathappened
    whathappened

This is a blow to the exJW community. Very sad news and thanks NN for letting us know.

• jam
    jam

Loved his posts, will be missed.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I learned of this my heart sank. I don't think he finished 'Genital Times' which I was looking forward to. I really enjoyed his use of such terms as 'dunderheads' and HAHAHAHAHAHA! . I do hope his threads live on. Has anyone backed them up/saved them?

• undercover
    undercover

I'm not a regular here anymore... I come by once in awhile to see what new BS the WTS has come up with. This place has the low-down on new WT rules doctrine before the dubs ever get wind of anything.

Dubs... a word that was, if I'm not mistaken, coined by Farkel.

Never met Farkel, never conversed with him...but I'm still saddened to hear of his passing. His commentaries were some of the earlier things I read when first waking up to the lies of the WTS. His style and manner was an acquired taste for some, especially for those of us first coming out of the JW world. I came to appreciate his style and his wit, but more importantly, his wealth of information. Even when he was at his curmudgeonist though, I always pictured him with a smile (smirk maybe) on his face as he took on anyone who wanted to joust with him. I never see Alfred E. Neuman without thinking of Farkel and his rapier wit.

Thanks for all the lessons, Farkel...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Very sad to hear this. Lee posted on FB that Farkel had passed away. His posts were a fantastic inspiration and helped me look at the ridiculousness of the JW religion in a humorous way. I know he touched many here and has done the online ex-jw community a world of good. Rest in Peace.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Farkel was one heck of a musician as well. He posted some of his work here years back.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Do you have a link? I would love to hear it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

COPD ain't much fun. RIP Doug.

Many fond memories of coming across Farkel's wit for the first time. Sure knew how to put things without messing about.

Thanks for all the laughs Farkel, and for putting me straight now and again.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm just seeing this now as Mouthy phoned and told me about Farkel passing. I corresponded with him a couple of years ago and he told me even then that he was most likely dying of emphysema. Farkel was a wealth of information on here and highly intelligent and I always read his posts.

May he rest in peace.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow; did not see this coming.

The man was funny and smart; I'll miss his posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit