Marriage Consummation - emailed question has me stumped

by jwfacts 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• humbled
    humbled

In 1982 we lived in North Platte, Nebraska. I was still a Catholic. Trying to to get "right" with the Catholic Church meant my husband had to get an annulment for his previous marriage because, tho he wasn't a RC, his wife had been and they were married in the RCChurch.

Papers and a fee were required to put the matter through the Marriage Tribunal.

We didn't go that route--but that's neither here nor there in this conversation.

But this is:

The RCC assumes something that WTBT society does not. Catholic marriage ASSUMES sexual intercourse as integral to marriage before God. The denial of or the inability to have intercourse is liable in itself to give cause for annulment.

"Go forth and multiply" is part of the divine mandate in Catholic marriage. Shutting down the natural avenue for reproduction is not allowed.

Witnesses often marry with the express plan not to have children. No Catholic true-blue priest would bless such a union--but they would break one.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I consider his situation a win win, rid of a cold wife and out of the cult.

If he wanted to stay he should have cheated for the legitimate divorce then repented after marying the new woman.

His wife was the one that wasn't giving her husband his due, no elder in the world would hold that against another man.

Although I knew a sister who's husband cheated on her and ended up getting remarried. She protested his being reinstated because she forgave him and that meant he was still scripturally married to her.

Not sure how that one ended up working out, he never came back to her but I don't know if he got reinstated or not.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There was a deficit of brothers, Sisters were plentiful. The man usually was held harmless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit