Typical JW Apologist

by TheStar 185 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hector, I saw the video and it was nothing but pure, unadulterated propaganda that the watchtower produced solely to answer their critics.

As far as the UN debacle is concerned is their joining was so innocent why were the rank and file in the congregations not informed that they were joining the UN. No, they chose to withhold this information until it was revealed by their critics. Only then, did they come forth with the bogus library card excuse.

Please keep in mind that the watchtower is a multi-million dollar corporation. When an organization has that much money it buys power. Who knows to what other organizations they belong to? Not you, nor I. However, I surmise that because they are so wealthy and that their maintaining their wealth is the botton line (as it is with all corporations) I would not be surprised to learn that they have their finger in all kinds of pots that would surprise us.

The real religion of the watchtower is to sell books and magazines. Thus the hour quota, the magazine quota, etc.

Your worship is misdirected. You worship not a God, but a publishing company. That is why you are at this forum. To defend your God the watchtower!

• hector3000
    hector3000

Tom, I believe I have already replied to that. Pay attention.

• hector3000
    hector3000

What is "but pure, unadulterated propaganda" is relative to the person making the statement, isn't it? For instance, I think this web-site is "but pure, unadulterated propaganda" except that I have a better leg to stand on. For instance I can admit to making mistakes, you can not. I don't have to resort to mis-truths, like the following statement by you:

"The real religion of the watchtower is to sell books and magazines. Thus the hour quota, the magazine quota, etc."

We don't sell publications, and we haven't for quite some time. We give Bibles and books away, free of charge. Contrast that with Zondervan and other Bible publishers who recognize the Bible as a multi-million dollar industry...and that is why we have a newer Protestant Bible just about every year.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You still can't weasel out of it can you.

hawk

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hector: We may give them out free but don't forget the suggested contribution. LOL That is just in this country, by the way. The fact that they are "free" is not out of any altruistic reason by the governing body, it is simply so that the watchtower does not have to pay taxes on these sales.

In other countries around the world they are still sold from door to door.

The fact that we may give them out for free makes no difference to the watchtower, because you publishers have already paid for them! So, in essence, the watchtower has aready gotten their money.

Talk about making money off the bible! Who do you know that publishes so many bible based books every year. Every month it seems there is a new publication, a new brochure, a new truth. If the "truth" is non changing, an absolute, the watchtower certainly spends a lot of time publishing new books to cover the latest "truth"!
    Every book that rolls off the watchtower presses is an instant best seller, guaranteed to sell at the very least 6 million copies, not counting the multiple copies that are purchased by you publishers to distribute in the field.

Oh, yes, you worship a publishing company. You just don't realize it and that's sad.

• out4good3
    out4good3
    Oh, yes, you worship a publishing company. You just don't realize it and that's sad.

Hey now. Don't forget to remind them that they also worship the WT Real Estate Investment and Holding company. And to say nothing of their great loan sharking operation. It's not everyone that can solicit free money from people and loan it back to them with interest all the while holding the deed to all the collateral. That is one scam that you have to admit is sheer brilliance.

• hector3000
    hector3000

Dutchie:Talk about making money off the bible! Who do you know that publishes so many bible based books every year. Every month it seems there is a new publication, a new brochure, a new truth. If the "truth" is non changing, an absolute, the watchtower certainly spends a lot of time publishing new books to cover the latest "truth"!

Reply:Dutch, there is a big difference between publishing a book that you will give away, and Tyndale House and Zondervan that will SELL millions and get rich. I have never sold a book or bible in the last 20 years that I know of, but I have given many away.
    All publishing companies publish the latest books, newer books, all the time. "Knowledge will increase" in the time of the end, and we accept correction to accomodate this increase.
    However, on the other hand, we have recently seen the release of the English Standard Version, Holman Christian Standard Bible, International English Bible, International Standard Version, Todays International Version, etc., which have offered really nothing new, except propping a billion dollar bible mill industry.

You know what is really SAD? The way you all use the word "SAD." This says alot about you.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Quote:

"All publishing companies publish the latest books, newer books, all the time. "Knowledge will increase" in the time of the end, and we accept correction to accomodate this increase."

Hi Hector, you make some valid points, but you do admit that the watchtower is a publishing company? Good for you. However, will you also agree that when you got baptized years ago you thought you had the "truth"? Well, Hector, so did I. But the organization that I was baptized into at that time, no longer exists. You see, the "truth" has changed and changed dramatically. Its not just that things have been readjusted, the so-called "truth" has changed completely. The watchtower used absolutely terms over and over to predict things that are no longer "truth". Watchtower truth changes all the time.

Just as an example, take the matter of organ transplants. Remember when they were absolutely forbidden and the watchtower used scripture after scripture to prove that they were against the wishes of God. Many witnesses died. And then ..... what happened? That "truth" changed! The watchtower who used some absolute, dramatic terms to tell us that organ transplants were wrong, now says oops! We made a mistake! Its okay to have an organ transplant. That goes on all the time. And people die.

I use the word "sad" because it is sad. Its sad that people are duped into believing this stuff, honest hearted, god fearing people like you.

I have nothing against you personally Hector. In fact, I used to be like you. I would defend the organization with my last breath, until one day..... well, that's another story.

Just one more thing. Knowledge can increase, but truth does not change! There is a difference Hector.

• hector3000
    hector3000

Dutchie: "Just one more thing. Knowledge can increase, but truth does not change! There is a difference Hector."

Reply: Ahh, but it does to humans, and it always should. We impewrfect humans are not vessels of absolute truth, the best we can strive for are vessels of honor (2 Tim 2:20)
    "Truth" changed for you, did it not? Only God knows absolute truth.
    Church members in previous centuries had their blood sucked out by leaches, but increased knowledge bought new truths.
    All protestant churches are the result of a change of "truth".
    When some of the first Christians came to the New World on the Speedwell (joining the Mayflower), they were given this
    memorable charge:
    "If God reveals anything to you by any other instrument of His, be ready to recieve it as you were to recieve any *truth* by my ministry, for I am verily persuaded that the Lord hath *more truth* yet to break forth out of His holy Word. For my part, I cannot sufficiently bewail the condition of those reformed Churches which are come to a period in religion, and will go, at present, no further than the instruments of their reformation. The Lutherans cannot be drawn to go beyond what Luther saw; whatever part of His will our God has revealed in Calvin, they
    will rather die than embrace it; and the Calvinists, you see, stick fast where they were left by that great man of God, who saw yet not all things. This is a mystery much to be lamented, for thought they were burning and shining lights in their times, yet they penetrated not into the whole counsel of God; but were they now living, would be as willing to embrace further light as that which they first recieved, for it is not possible the Christian world should
    come so lately out of such thick anti-Christian and that perfection of knowledge should break forth at once."
    John Robinson, 1620 A.D. as quoted in the Pilgrim Church, by E.H. Broadbent, p.257
    I think Jehovah's Witnesses have progressive, while many beliefs have remained stagnant. But at the same time, we have "penetrated not into the whole counsel of God" yet.
    The problem with everyone here is that they expect perfection where there never was any in the first place:
    "We do not object to changing our opinions on any subject, or discarding former applications of prophecy, or any other scripture, when we see a good reason for the change,-in fact, it is important that we should be willing to unlearn errors and mere traditions, as to learn truth. . . . It is our duty to "prove all things."-by the unerring Word,-"and hold fast to that which is good."" -- "The Ten Virgins," Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence, October 1879, reprint, 38.
    I say BRAVO to that!

You are simply confusing Truth with absolute knowledge. Satan is smarter than the rest of us, and knows more about the medical system than your accusations, yet "the truth is not in him" (Jn 8:44). Truth liberates us from sin (John 8:32) not ignorance.
    http://hector3000.future.easyspace.com

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

No hawk, hector can't weasil his way out of it. When facts abound, resort to rhetoric.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit