List Reasons Why You Are Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'm no longer a religious weirdo and have rejoined the human race.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

No more fookin briefcase!!! The bigger it is, the more spiritual you must be....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There are so many things !!! a number already mentioned. Being able to be the real me all the time is a BIGGY with me.

My mind is free, and I have learneed crtical thinking skills, but mainly I do not have to put on a false front, I can relax in my skin.

Little things are like, no more neck ties ! I always hated the bloody silly constricting things.

Another great bonus is viewing all people I meet as individuals with no "us and them" feeling, viewing them as normal, and JW's as weirdo's, the right way round to look at people !

A terrific new relationship with all my non-JW family, they are all great people !

I now have time to pursue voluntary work and a hobby to the full, love it, and again, love the great people I am meeting and becoming firm, unconditional friends with.

I am sure there are more things, but that's enough to be able to say, life in freedom away from the WT is simply WONDERFUL !

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I trust myself to read and evaluate information on it's own merit; I don't have to worry about who wrote it, etc.

I am no longer afraid of reading a science book; I don't fear the boogeyman of evolution.

I no longer think 8 men in NY have more spirituality than me.

I know that I am just as capable of parsing out matters of belief, god and morality on my own.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Freedom of mind and conscience.

Escaping deception.

Defeating propaganda.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You don't have to put a ring on it to test it out.

You can curse all you want.

No attempts to convince strangers I know "the truth."

After a long day, I don't have to get my "part" ready and scramble to the Kingdom Hall.

One word- weekends.

All the cigarettes, blood transfusions, and lottery tickets I can afford.

Read what I want, watch whatever entertainment I want.

Don't have to locate the nearest Kingdom Hall when I go on vacation.

I can say "Joe Hoover" or "Jerk-hova" without fear of being struck down suddenly.

And the top reason why I am glad I am out of the JW religion: I am able to think again.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I get to spend my money as I see fit, without worrying about stumbling someone or "stealing from joke-hova". If it is on Christmas decorations, so be it. And no worrying about sharing my stuff. If the lights go out during a Big Boasting Session, they will not have the use of my Fenix LD22 flashlight to get out--and I don't give a fxxx if they don't get out safely because they stinted on emergency lighting.

I can check on my belief system and alter it as I see errors, without waiting for someone else to fix them or relying on the LIE-ble.

No more rushing home after work, or getting up early, to head out for field circus or wonder if my "12 noon" is going to be closer to meaning 4 or 5 PM.

Now, if that snowstorm misses dumping half a meter of snow on us, or turns to rain, I still get out of going to the boasting session. And if the hounder-hounder decides to cut the warm-up breaks and it is 20 below C outside, I am not the one to get frostbitten fingers.

No more worrying about wearing that suit. Nor worrying about where I get it dry cleaned--I almost never wear the damn thing, so I never need it dry cleaned. Nor do I have to worry that my LED lights are going to stumble someone and be told to get those squiggly things instead.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

All the strange people I no longer have to tolerate.

Bill

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Oral sex.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am happier now and am free to love others as they are, without constantly judging and labeling people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit