List Reasons Why You Are Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am free!

My mental and physical health have turned around.

I have a positive outlook on life and it is exciting now.

My relationship with my family is so much better.

Celebrating holidays & life with my family again.

No longer having to go to meetings, field service or read that crap!

Life is good!

• Aunt Fancy
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can worship in beautiful cathedral with real organs and stained glass windows rather than a windowless KH.

Men treat me with respect as opposed to being forced to submit to male headship.

I can read books that I choose vs. having books selected for me.

I can complain to vestry members vs. any complaint would land me in trouble.

Interesting sermons (most of the time) vs. shoot me.

Higher education is valued. Creative people are valued. vs. illiterate brothers

• Adiva
    Adiva

I am less judgmental, especially of myself.

Adiva

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am leading a productive life without guilt.

• Scott77
    Scott77

No more to worry about the end of the world.

No more to worry about feeling quilty for not reporting hours of field services.

No more to feel embarrassed in public from going from house to house look for new converts.

Scott77

• satinka
    satinka

I am free to be me and I like meee!

satinka

• Wozwozza
    Wozwozza

I don't have to feel bad about taking an interest in others ,visiting them ,helping them and have to take my tie off to do such things so the elders can't accuse me of usurping their headship (because they don't give a shit for others)

I don't have to see and listen to another case of child molestation in the congregations

I don't have to watch the successful business elders parade their mock humility and yet roll up at the KH with the latest expensive Lexus

I don't have to watch absolute dicks grovell for "priveleges " and promotions

And yet I miss the genuine friends I had there ,sad really only wish I could wave a wand to open their eyes

• kaik
    kaik

1. No more attending meetings 3x per week
    2. I can read any book without guilt, especially Early Christian Fathers, ancient and medieval philosophy, and history
    3. I could date and married a person who I trully love
    4. Obtained university education and secured stable job that pays bills and mortgage
    5. Planning life as I see it fit without expecting that A will fix my problems
    6. I dont have anyone interfering in my life
    7. I do not have proselyte others
  • crazy2try
    crazy2try

My freedom to choose.

No more boring meetings.

No more angry feelings while I sit and do what.......listen. done with that.

I choose how and when I praise God......My way. Not as a drone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit