List Reasons Why You Are Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• zound
    zound

I can wear my tight pants.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I get to spend more time naked. Think I gave all my suits to a charity shop anyway..

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I can wear my tight pants.

Zound, I hope you look goood in tight pants. I don't and actually find them uncomfortable.

I always had the grunge look, even before the grunge look was cool (don't aske me is grunge is still cool). For me, the grunge look really meant wearing confortable clothes even when they were out of style.

• zound
    zound

I do look good in tight pants - but only to homosexuals.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Zound,

Well, I am not a homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that). But I am sure I will say you look hot. Feel free to post a pix of you in your hot pants.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Where to begin?

I was able to leave a bad marriage and marry the love of my life

I was able to stop feeling guilty because I was not good enough

I don't have to waste my Saturday knocking on the door of empty houses and driving around aimlessly.

I can enjoy the holidays

I don't have to waste time being bored to death in the meetings, listening to the same tired dogma.

I can do volunteer work that really helps others.

I don't have to fear the judgement of the elders or worry about being brought before a judicial committee.

I don't have to fear Armageddon

I can see the bible for what it is, a book written by many men, a book of stories, fables and tall tales, written thousands of years ago by men, that is no more to be followed than any other book.

I can see the religion for what it is, a cult.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Alice Cooper sang "School's Out Forever!" My life feels like his song, "No More Meetings, No More Field Circus, No more having people over I don't like, Meetings out forever! No more Conventions draining my life-blood, no more Elders lying in my ears, Ministery Schools out for ever!" You get the point!

1. I don't feel like I am carrying the load of the Organizations BullShit!

2. speaking about Jesus Christ is easy, not forced or avoided (Watchtower Shunn's Jesus Christ and anyone who uses his name too much, will come under the scrutiny of the Tower's Company Men.

3. I don't feel like a freak-show or have to make up crap why I don't celebrate things everyone else is celebrating.

4. The Anxiety, Depression and Guilt are leaving me and my family slowly but surely!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Spending money on holidays instead of district conventions.

Buying the clothes I like instead of all my money going on boots and coats for pioneering.

Reading whatever I like.

Signing birthday cards at work. Giving Xmas cards to colleagues. Just being treated as if I'm normal!

Letting my child join in at school with holidays, read Harry Potter and go to university.

Weekends!

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Yes, the dreaded waste of life-blood and emotion, listening to hours of bullshit (District Assembly) being told "Wait, Don't Move, Stay Stagnant with your jobs!" "Don't get a education because you might amount to more than your Window Washing Elders or Janitor JWs!"

SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER!

HUMBLE YOURSELVES AND OBEY THE ELDERS WITH FIFTH-GRADE EDUCATIONS!

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I agree with all previous comments! My biggest joy however is being able to raise normal adjusted confident and happy KIDs!!! They are in college with friends and good childhood memories. Oh and not being scared to walk in my basement at night, DEMONDS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit