List Reasons Why You Are Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I could never figure out how very sexual married couples could follow thru on the directives of the GB.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The biggest for me is not being inundated with fear, ignorance and guilt imposed by men who

are inherently corrupt and devious running this religious publishing house.

This organization was built up by ignorance and corruption and it might be the causative result

of its eventual failing disintegration.

• jamclark
    jamclark

Key would be all the extra time reading the doctrine-based books and magazines to feel the need to be ready for meetings.

Then no mind-numbing and fakedly happy assemblies.

Still good people there, just with minds largely controlled by JWorg doctrine.

Gives time to really pray, read the Scriptures, and consider the Turah with its appointed times, Shabbats, and clean foods. The stuff that really matters, which is more simpler than all that JWorg doctrine. Then talk and spread the true good news.

Jamie

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Sunday mornings doing what I want.Tuesday nights doing what I want.no ministry.no pre study.no wearing awful meeting clothes.no being talked down to being talked down to because I'm a woman.voicing my political opinions.watching action movies.Christmas and birthdays.doing what I want in bed with my husband.new friends.reading good books.supporting the armed forces.Life is for living.xx

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

This is fun. I agree with all the above. No more skirts or dresses, just pants, jeans, shorts, swim suits. No more dress shoes or hose, because there are no more meetings where people judge me for my appearance. No more assemblies or conventions to lose sleep and money over and become constipated while attending. I don't have to worry about impressing anyone with my hairdo, makeup, outfit, brand of purse, jewelry or choice of vehicles. I can have the United States flag in front of my house and vote in elections and sing patriotic songs. I can send boxes of cookies and gifts to my cousin and his buds who are in the army, the Screaming Eagles.

I've been learning about Feng Shui and have wind chimes and fountains in the living room. Nobody calls me up on the phone complaining about how some sister "gave me a dirty look during the meeting!" Never do I have to worry whether some teenagers or unmarrieds are having sex. Let 'em screw their brains out! I just don't care and it doesn't offend me or affect me.

I don't have to prepare meals or drive shuttles for the quick builds. I don't have to be a good example for anyone except myself. I don't have to put up with self-righteous biddies or control-addicted elders trying to make me feel bad over trivial crap.

There are many more ways my life has improved but these are the first things that came to mind.

marina

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No more delusions.

• designs
    designs

my grandson's Birthdays.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

The reasons are many, and here are some:

Getting back the sweet freedom that I took for granted (which I will never do again).

Getting rid of dowdy clothing and not being afraid of fashion and paranoia about modesty. I am still more modest than most of the world around me.

Not having to go to useless meetings and be around phonies who were never my friends and wondering to myself what the hell I'm doing there.

Sleeping late on weekends (my body needs it).

Not having to go out on a winter night to useless meetings and getting home late.

No more time-wasting assemblies (no more shot weekends).

Not having to listen to endless appeals for money from people who criticize responsible working people and who are undeserving of MY charity.

Not having to be concerned about what petty or jealous people think about me OR getting unwanted phone calls from the hounders.

Liking myself better and being more forgiving of myself.

Getting back to being my own person again, and not somebody else's.

Not feeling like a freak, knocking on doors of people who aren't interested.

Getting back together with alienated family and friends (glad I did this before it was too late).

Realizing that my real family are the only ones who care about me and not this bunch of strangers.

Having a healthier outlook on life and living more in the present.

Not 'doomsday' oriented. I feel this is mentally unhealthy.

SO GLAD TO BE DONE WITH IT ALL.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I agree with ALL the posts so far ! The major thing I gained by being out, was TIME ! No more time spent wasting away day dreaming at meetings or conventions, no more wasted Saturday's trying to knock lightly on people's doors so they would not answer, no more wasted time with anxiety thinking about what other people thought of me or if I was on some elders agenda.

I have also really enjoyed learning about current events, voting and politics. All things as a JW I was completly unaware of.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

One word - FREEDOM!

Freedom, freedom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit