List Reasons Why You Are Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Here's a few from me.

No more having to go to stupid BORING meetings.

No more having to go knock on doors in field service and WASTE my time!

No more MIND NUMBING elders meetings.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I get to be myself. And I LIKE myself.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

having to ask the elders personal questions they don't need to know

• minimus
    minimus

not having to worry about "stumbling" some touchy oversensitive JW

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Save time preparing parts and attending meetings.

Save time from elders trying to manipulate to gain more power and glory.

Save time from 4+ hour elder meetings.

Save time from judicial meetings and playing judge.

Save time from C.O. visits scolding the elders for not doing sometime he wishes.

Save time from the ministry.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

1) I no longer live in a state of anxiety worrying whether or not I am living up to someone else's standards for my life .

2) Glad I no longer have a gloom and doom outlook on life .

3) I am excited to be able to investigate all sorts of movies ,books, knowledge about others lifestyles ,beliefs ect .

4) The best is being free....just plain free....no longer a slave to a religion and it's fanatical belief system

5) Taking the time to really think about who I am and what I believe .

6) Now having a truly open and honest relationship with my family instead of worrying what I say or do may stumble someone .

7) Showing true unconditional love to my family .

8) No longer feeling I am wasting my life driving around knocking on people's doors that are NOT at home !

9) No more tedious meetings going over the same old material ,over ,and over ,and over again.

10) Spending my weekends doing what I want .

Off of the top of my head those are my top ten

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I have really enjoyed being able to sort out what I think and believe regarding the " big picture" without the process being short circuited 3 times a week by meetings that are specifically designed to keep you from processing these things for yourself.

I am enjoying the feeling that comes from realizing that I'm good enough, just as I am.

I like not having to second guess everything I do or say lest I "bring reproach" on an organization that doesn't even know who I am anyway.

It's a relief not to carry the burden of supposedly having all the answers in terms of God and religion as well as the responsibility for other peoples salvation.

I'm happy to be free of the anxiety caused by constantly being on the look out for a catastrophic event that never comes.

I've enjoyed escaping the negativity of being associated with a group who have no problem with looking for and pointing out the flaws in other peoples faith.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The greatest reason is that my children did not get caught up in this trap that could have stolen their opportunities in life, as it did my wife and me, and my parents, and my grandparents. They are not limiting thenselves in life based on the false hope/fear of this world ending at any moment and being rushed into an imaginary Paradise that never materializes.

However, I must admit that I miss the friends (conditional as they are, but we always met the conditions until now) and the non-meeting association. (Surely no one would miss those meetings!) Nearly all of our social friends were other JWs and now, even though we are not DFd or DAd, we evidently are "bad association". Not a peep from any of them. But, not a peep from the elders hounding us either. Guess you have to take the bad with the good.

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

You NOW actually can live life normally.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

1. no longer the changing clothes in the evening and fighting with tights and/or skirts that don't really fit

2. no more field service

3. no more guilt over anything (music, clothes, thoughts, things you do, masturbation... to name a few)

4. no more emotional blackmail by my parents (they're both destructive narcissistic, although my mother is the worst)

5. no more elders telling me what I'm allowed to do

6. no longer having to call insincere people 'brother' or 'sister'

7. my children are free to live their lifes the way they choose

8. oh and let's not forget: being able to stay in bed on sunday mornings and not even think of 'meetings' anymore

9. no longer having to read the ridiculous WTS books and magazines

10. But most of all: living the life I choose, taking full responsibility for it and knowing it's the only life I've got, so I'll have to make the best of it. And the only one in charge for that is ME!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit