Why doesn't god do anything tangible now?

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

2+2=5 - how do you personally know what evil is? How do you know what good is? Without evil would ypu appreciate good?

If everyone on earth was a Rapist Serial killer, the one who Killed and Raped the most would be the greatest human alive.. But if some one did not Rape and Kill he would be an outcast and hated.

In my view the fact that God allows us to endure and experience pain & evil for a relatively short period of time is a we'll thought out and even loving provision.

If I was given 2 choices

1. living 70 years while enduring pain, torture, sadness, despair and grief. And then living 10,000 years fully understanding good and evil.

2. Living 10,000 years only knowing good and nothing else..

I would choose to suffer evil first.

how much greater is Good when you understand the full extent of evil? How much more would you appreciate a perfect mind, if you had lived with an imperfect mind? And most of all, how much better Is Love if you have seen Hate?

Eternal Boredom... That would be Hell.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OT

I would choose to suffer evil first.

Sooner you than me, mate.

The trouble as I see it with that is if 'god' put Adam and Eve in paradise and wanted them to live

only knowing good and nothing else..

Then experienceing

pain, torture, sadness, despair and grief

was not god's original plan.

...so the goal posts have been moved to accomodate 'god's' error in judgement. Or....did 'god' know Adam and Eve would listen to a talking snake? If so, it's 'god' that is to blame for ''pain, torture, sadness, despair and grief''.

Perhaps 'god' needs to experience the human condition fully for 70 odd years to realise what a terrible father he/they/it is.

It seems believers have the capacity to spin reallity to prop up the delusion of there being a 'god'.

Eternal Boredom... That would be Hell.

Where does 'boredom' come into it?

Good song by the Buzzcocks though

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Why doesn't god do anything Tangible now?

We humans are so incredibly important that God should do all that he can to prove to us that he exists. As if maintaining order in the universe is nothing?

We are all the center of our the Universe, in our own minds.. So rationally if God has not done anything to prove to me he's real, he must not be real.

"Since every particle of space is always, and every indivisible moment of duration is every where, certainly the Maker and Lord of all things cannot be never and no where....God is the same God, always and every where. He is omnipresent not virtually only, but also substantially; for virtue cannot subsist without substance.…It is allowed by all that the Supreme God exists necessarily; and by the same necessity he exists always and every where....And thus much concerning God; to discourse of whom from the appearance of things, does certainly belong to Natural Philosophy." - Isaac Newton

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OT - Which god are you talking about? I bees confused now.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Ok you got me on that one punk.. You're right god must not exist.

Just joking, but I do need to research the thought process that goes into accepting that all things came about by chance.. I have been wrong many times in the past, so perhaps I understand the view wrong.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

It doesn't matter "which god", I thought the discussion was A God(s) vs no God(s)?

• adamah
    adamah

Another thing to consider with the magical 'wisdom-bestowing' forbidden fruit:

In ALL other miracles in the Bible (eg Jesus healing mortals via use of Holy Spirit), God is ultimately the one causing the effect. GOD CAUSES the effect of curing, or gives Samson super-human strength, or gives Moses the power to part Red Sea, etc.

But what about the the magic fruit?

Was God suddenly somehow powerless, as if he HAD to GRANT Adam and Eve wisdom, since oh well, they ATE the wisdom fruit and God's hands were completely tied on it, as if He HAD to allow the wisdom-fruit to work?

Adam

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I'm counting my time right now btw, every response that I make is a Return Visit! Lol

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I think that the Tree was not a tree but some form of book or means of consuming wisdom. Maybe Google v2

The bible refers to knowledge as food all the time, so why does the fruit in Genesis have to be literal?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OT -

It doesn't matter "which god", I thought the discussion was A God(s) vs no God(s)?

I figured that 'believers' would be specific about their chosen 'god'.

In this neck of the woods it's usually the biblical one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit