Why doesn't god do anything tangible now?

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Right.. honestly I don't know if Allah is not the same god as YHWH, I haven't read the Quran.. But based on Matthew 7:17-19 it seems to produce good fruit

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Heck, if I saw even a SHRED of compelling evidence, I'd be FORCED to believe in God, due to my commitment to rationalism.

This summarizes it well. I simply cannot rationalize the idea that god, having the ability to make us believe in him so easily, refuses to do so.

• cofty
    cofty

Objectivetruth - your claim that there are not absolute truths is self-defeating.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The only biblical reason I can see is "the time of the gentiles", a time without God doing major in your face stuff, as well as possibly a test of moral character. What will people do if they think there is no accountability for anything as long as they don't get caught, etc.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

cofty - I didn't say that there are no absolute truths.. What I meant, is that we are not capable of fully Understanding anything.. Beyond that we definetely don't have the ability to Explain it.

What is a Human?

What is God?

How are Jesus and his Father One but Seperate?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Endofmysteries - I agree with your statement.

Jesus tells us that in order to gain Everlasting Life, we have to believe (Or have faith as some people say) in him. If there were signs and it was 100% obvious who created Us, then it wouldnt require Faith, it would be a Question of Obedience or Rebellion.

1 Timothy 4;10 " That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe."

In my opinion those who Believe gain Everlasting Life Now.

Those who do not Believe will still have an oppurtunity to gain Everlasting life. However their Test will be based on Obedience and not Faith. During the 1000 Year Reigh.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why doesn't God do anything tangible now?

GOD CAUSED CHICKENS TO PROCREATE IN MYANMAR.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Objectivetruth [ LOL!!] said, " 2+2=5 - how do you personally know what evil is? How do you know what good is? Without evil would ypu appreciate good?"

DATA-DOG says, "Let me punch you in the face so that you can appreciate how good it feels to NOT be punched in the face."

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

LOL @ Data-Dog Exactly!!!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

objectivetruth - I just saw your post about the tree of life and tree of knowledge of good and bad. I had thought one day as well if it was not literal but meant something else. Shortly after I read Ezekiel 31 entire chapter, but notice vs 9, and all the other trees of Eden that were in the garden of the God kept envying it. "

vs 18 brought down with the trees of Eden to the land down below".

The entire chapter is putting life and feeling into the trees. Perhaps they represent high ranking angels?

As for the tree of knowledge of good and bad, the scriptures have said that I forgot offhand which verse, but that sin is willfully and knowingly doing wrong and not knowing is not sin. Could the sayings of the law just expose all that is sin and being human it becomes sin for having known it and the words of Jesus are the tree of life?

Just speculations and thinking out loud. But Ezekiel 31 definitely seems to me to imply that the trees in Genesis either are not literal or also have a deeper meaning than literal fruit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit