Why doesn't god do anything tangible now?

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When you get a book with talking animals and then people now actually take it seriously..................................................cuckoo

I remember when I was at church the pastor told a story about how some geezer had his leg grow back after prayer. No evidence.....just what he'd heard. CONFIRMATION BIAS!!!!

There were some old gals were praying for a blokes foot to heal.....they were p1ssed off when it didn't. This was when I knew religion was sh1t!!!

God became the joke he is at that moment.

• adamah
    adamah

Kate said-

God is too busy creating things to bother about the suffering of humans, animals and other creations. God is indifferent IMO. Kate xx

God sounds like He's rather greedy, trapped in the throes of uncontrolled 'materialism' (and has hoarding issues), since He's wanting more 'toys' than he can ever manage to play with?

Adam

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This thread reminds me of the times big rock stars don't show up for their shows. Now, you guys don't start like rocking news vans and knocking busses over, okay? No looting.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I think I am going down the agnostic road. I see god in creation and good people but don't believe he's a hearer of prayer.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think I am going down the agnostic road. I see god in creation and good people but don't believe he's a hearer of prayer.

Diest might be a better description, quelly.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

We will try to behave, FlyingHighNow, but we need to let off steam to relieve the pressure on our complicated, high octane minds.

• FlyingHighNow
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"He was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas day
    When the New York Times said God is dead
    And the war's begun
    Alvin Tostig has a son today"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXOuZgm_eY

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Punk of Nice....Great thought provoking question..

Here are a couple of reasons:

1) He doesn't exist. Never has. Never will.

2) He doesn't care.

3) He does do tangible things, visible miracles each and every day. We just don't see it or simply don't appreciate it.

All religion is based on something supernatural. What we conceive or accept as scientificly explained, ancient cultures viewed as miraculous. Most overwhelmingly incredible stories in the Bible and other "holy books" may well just be part of the legend building applicable to ancient societies, or simply made up to encourage conformance.

Just a thought,

SOP

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Flyinghighnow, what does diest mean?? Doh!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit