Seven Headed Wild Beast officially no longer represents UN?

by donuthole 45 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

NIV:

14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

The greek term used in 14 is "tõ", meaning "to the".

The greek term used three times in 15 is "tou", meaning "of the".

It appears that the "image" is made by men in honor of the beast, but not necessarily in its semblance. Then, such image to the beast is given life and power to kill those who wouldn't worship it.

Eden

• processor
    processor

As I have proved beyond doubt in my book Babylon the Great has fallen - Has she hurt herself?, the "wild beast" from Revelation 13 is the Internet, and the "image of the wild beast" is the World Wide Web. (The Internet became visible to the masses through the WWW.) The wild beast from Revelaton 17 are The Netherlands.

http://www.svhelden.info/pdf/babylon_e.pdf

• Comatose
    Comatose

lololol proven beyond doubt. I can't tell if it's satire or not.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Oubliette”:

“I see that several posters have tried to straighten you out about the beast and it's image, the Scarlet Colored Beast. That being said: Stop trying to make sense out of NONSENSE!”

Right on the money! Nonsense is certainly the key word for sure.

“EdenOne”:

“They 'made an image TO the wild beast', not 'an image OF the wild beast'. I have written some notes about it, can't remember now where I placed them. But that certainly changes the meaning.”
    “. . . set up an image IN HONOR OF the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.”

Wow, that’s quite an interesting point which I’ve never really thought of! That really makes this whole UN thing appear as ridiculous as it really is.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

This thread reminds me to pick up some mushrooms for the salad tonight.

NJY

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Even though nations may agree on few things, they unite in their determination to maintain their authority rather than submit to the rule of God’s"

Translation: " ...they unite in their determination to take the WTBTS to task for it's insane dogma.." Remember that no one knows what dubs believe and the WT is written for dubs.

Also, the last time I checked the European JWs were still in cahoots with the OSCE, the primary partner of the UN. So yeah, PC, WT style...

DD

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Stop trying to make sense out of NONSENSE!”

Right on the money! Nonsense is certainly the key word for sure.

Why take part in a thread on JW beliefs in order to say that it's pointless to try to understand JW beliefs? There are obviously reasons for doing it, or we wouldn't be doing it.... For one thing, it's nice to know when there's new light about their end-times prophecies so we can try to ascertain what the Society's thinking. For another, if we don't keep up with JW doctrine, how can we discuss it with JWs?

It's not very convincing to a JW if you are still stuck in 1980s doctrine. I see some posters on here once in a while who still seem to think we are selling the literature door to door. Like Hiro Onoda, they're 20 years behind the times, ignoring the newspapers being dropped for them. That doesn't exactly put "apostates" in a good light when a lurker comes on here to see what objections we have to WT teachings.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I now believe that whoever wrote Revelation was on high powered drugs and that by trying to interpret/understand Revelation requires equally high powered drugs.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Apognophos: Why take part in a thread on JW beliefs in order to say that it's pointless to try to understand JW beliefs? There are obviously reasons for doing it, or we wouldn't be doing it.... For one thing, it's nice to know when there's new light about their end-times prophecies so we can try to ascertain what the Society's thinking. For another, if we don't keep up with JW doctrine, how can we discuss it with JWs?

Fair question.

Keeping up with "New Light" is not the same as trying to understand it. So much of what they teach is just nonsense.

I keep up with it for the reason you mentioned and related: I want to know the crap my family members are being manipulated and controlled with.

It's infuriating how weak most JW doctrines are when you objectively scrutinize them. And yet the power they cult has over its members is very strong.

Oubliette

• johnamos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit