Seven Headed Wild Beast officially no longer represents UN?

by donuthole 45 Replies latest jw friends

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The 'wild beast' theories are the ultimate nonsense from the deranged minds of the WTBTS.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The wild beast is the Watchtower Society and the 7 heads represent the entire Governing Body.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I see that several posters have tried to straighten you out about the beast and it's image, the Scarlet Colored Beast.

That being said: Stop trying to make sense out of nonsense!

Doctrine doesn't matter after all. The July 15, 2013 WT proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! - It's a cult!

• scotoma
    scotoma

NO IMAGE OF THE BEAST IN REVELATION CHAPTER 17

The Watchtower says that the beast with seven heads and ten horns in Revelation Chapter 17 must be the image of the the two horned beast in Revelation Chapter 13.

If you read Revelation 17 there is no mention of the "image of the beast." It simply speaks of a scarlet beast with seven heads and ten horns. So how can the assertion be made that there is an identity between the "image of the beast" and the scarlet colored beast. Since it never mentions the "image of the beast" in Revelation 17 you can't make that claim.

The Watchtower makes a simple error to arrive at this conclusion. Since the Scarlet Beast "looks like" the beast in Revelation 13 it is believed it is therefore "the image" of the Revelation 13 beast. But there is a simpler reason the beast of Revelation 17 looks like the beast of Revelation 13. It is because they both resemble their power source which is Satan the Devil who in Revelation 12:3 is described as having Seven heads and ten horns.

Since Revelation 17 specifically calls the beast a "beast" we must assume that the beast is what it is named a "beast." Not the "image" of the beast. Because the beast of Revelation 13 and the beast of Revelation 17 are homologous in structure you can make a better case that the beast of Revelation 17 is the same as the beast of Revelation 13. Not only are they similar in structure but they both go through a similar cycle of death and rebirth.

compare

Revelation 13:3 "And I saw one of its heads as though slaughtered to death, but its death-stroke got healed, and ALL THE EARTH FOLLOWED THE WILD BEAST WITH ADMIRATION." Revelation 17:8 "And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those WHO DWELL ON THE EARTH WILL WONDER ADMIRINGLY."

No mention here of an "IMAGE" of the beast.

• adamah
    adamah

Gopher said-

The wild beast is the Watchtower Society and the 7 heads represent the entire Governing Body.

You know what THAT sounds like? A worthy photoshop project for Outlaw, LOL!

Oh, Outlaw?! Are you up to the challenge?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

If anyone has had anything to do with the United Nations they will know there is nothing to fear. The UN is just about bloody useless unless you desire a talkfest and you love meetings.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What a bunch of ignoramouses hte Governing Body really are:

• (Psalm Even though nations may agree on few things, they unite in their determination to maintain their authority rather than submit to the rule of God’s

• 2:2) They will also join forces to battle God’s armies commanded by Jesus Christ at Armageddon, but this war will result in the nations being destroyed.—Revelation 16:14, 16;19:19, 20.

Right how in the hell are the nations suppose to submit to God's rule? Don't tell me let me guess. They are to Listen and Obey the Governing Body and appoint them high government position and start following the Bible more closely as interpeted by those nincompoops who delusionally think they are on a mission from God.

• KateWild
    KateWild

That being said: Stop trying to make sense out of nonsense!-Oub

LOL, I agree. Most JWs can't make sense of the which wild beast symbolically represents what!! They do just LOABB as you said. What you say just rings true. Love Kate xx

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm speaking out of memory here, but the rendering of the greek text in Revelation says something to the effect that they 'made an image TO the wild beast', not 'an image OF the wild beast'. I have written some notes about it, can't remember now where I placed them. But that certainly changes the meaning.

Eden

• blondie
    blondie

(Revelation 13:14, 15) 14 And it misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that were granted it to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image tothe wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. 15 And there was granted it to give breath to the image ofthe wild beast, so that the image ofthe wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who would not in any way worship the image of the wild beast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit