Well my JW elder dad has lost his job...

by BU2B 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

" It took me two seconds to decide I could not share my kitchen with any woman "______ jnat

Exactly. His parents are still young and have thier own way of doin' things

there may be times when he and his wife want a quiet evenin' at home

and his parents may want the " friends " over

At 58 years old, BU2B your parents ain't Grandma and Grandpa Walton

they are in the best time of thier life right now

They have an empty nest. No need to worry if their bed squeaks and who might hear it

If they want they can jump right out of the shower air dry through the house while they dance

to thier favorite song

But they don't want that. Cuz it'll make Jehovah sad

I wish you the best BU2B , in whatever you decide

There are instances where I would take a family member in

if an emergency arise, but I wouldn't allow them to inconvenience me permanently

to make it easier for them to do as they please

• bohm
    bohm

Nn: Long, long ago (1960s, 1970s) there was a FINE article in the AWAKE! about how God's servants could support themselves by growing CUCUMBERS.

Just when you thought you had heard everything..

• wasblind
    wasblind

NATE cracks me UP

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

BU2B, like it or not, this is your problem. You have a responsibility to your parents and I think you understand this. However, I cannot imagine them moving in with you without them accepting your decision to fade from the organization. But I am not sure they will ever accept this. Quite a dilemma.

You are getting some good advice here, best wishes to you.

• Ding
    Ding

BU2B,

Do your parents understand that you are trying to fade?

If not, they may think you are just as committed to "the truth" as they are and expect that you will want to subsidize their increased JW activity.

You may have to have some very unpleasant conversations with them about your own views of the religion.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You're right. People's lives get ruined because they obey the brainwashing by a high control group.

However, it's obviously not your responsibility to make up for that. Protecting loved ones from the natural consequences of their actions is not healthy for either of you. It may take this event for them to wake up, and that is outside the scope of your control.

They are capable of taking care of themselves. Let them do it.

If they want jehoopla to provide and to conserve by communal living, then they should move in with like-minded jws.

• steve2
    steve2

You have a responsibility to your parents and I think you understand this.

Hogwash. They'd drop him as quick as look at him if the elders told them to. Frankly, any modern-day Witnesses who slave away in the organization and who behave as if they will not grow old in this system cannot reasonably expect others to take responsibility for them.

Even my loyal JW parents - now both deceased - observed the plight of elderly witnesses who had not expected to get old. Their observations motivated them as far back as the late 1950s to set up their own retirement fund which provided them with a modest income in their twilight years.

As I stated earlier, one good trend I see among growing numbers of thinking JWs is the need to prepare for retirement.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hang on, maybe I've missed something here. Didn't you say the parents already have their own house and don't want to sell it, but want to move in with you? Why do they need to move in with you if they have a house they're not going to sell? I'm gathering they're going to rent the house out and live off the rent.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Since when do you owe your parents to let them move in with you? Communism!

At best, you will be hounded to go to all boasting sessions when you do not feel like going. You will be expected to do field circus all the time, and they will be wondering why you are not in field circus when you are at work (remember the washtowel a short while back urging all jokehovians to cut back on work). You wish to do something they view as inappropriate, they make a big scene out of it. This could include listening to "bad" songs, watching a movie they view as bad, playing games (even as innocuous as Pokemon), and consuming foods that are viewed as Christmas items even when celebrating is not the objection. Try getting advanced things, your parents will guilt you into throwing away your money (on top of the cutting back on work). This means no LED light bulbs for you. No expensive flashlight system for you. No getting Windows 8.1 or getting that extra 16 GB RAM or 4 TB hard drive for you.

And parents, especially those with strict religious beliefs, are likely to be unduly strict. Once you let them in, they will think you are their property. You make the money, now you owe them assistance so they can sit on their fat axxes and pious-sneer. You supposedly owe them assistance to get to Grand Boasting Sessions, even if you were planning to take a trip to New Zealand or Paris that week. Having friends is taboo, except the parasites that call themselves friends among the jokehovians. Once they are in, they do not give a fxxx if you yourself should fall into hard times.

Besides that parents should be leaving inheritance (which is right in their own LIE-ble; if they choose to follow one part, they should follow the whole thing), it is a big mistake to trust in joke-hova when one loses one's job. I saw that happen to some idiot that lost its job and decided to pious-sneer. That thing was one of the most unpleasant things to work with in field circus. That whole family was poor even before this. The scumbag would pull TVs out of the rubbish, "fix(??)" them, and resell them, usually at near-new prices. I got one of those TVs, paying about what I would have had to pay at JC Penney. The scumbag didn't fix the problem leading to its being dumped. The volume/On-Off switch was noisy when you adjusted the volume, and the number pad was crap. I could type in a number, and it would return a value (any value except its own). And that scumbag did that for a living? That's what you get for trusting in joke-hova. I can only wonder what kind of even worse poverty that thing is going to be reincarnated into the next lifetime--that is what you get for trusting in joke-hova instead of even trying to find another job. Your parents will also find themselves ultra-poor instead of just regular poor in the next lifetime for doing this.

• smiddy
    smiddy

How many times has the WT literature said that jehovah will provide in times of need .

Tell me one time just, one when he has ever done so .

It has always fallen on somebody else to bale out a jehovahs witness in need .

NOTE : It has NEVER ever been the organization who has come to the rescue of any witness no matter how long serving they have been .

They are told the Gvernment provides for people in need , use their programs .

If they are just so uber duber JW`s, be blunt , tell them their organization will support them because of their loyalty to jehovah.

You need to exercise tough love .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit