Well my JW elder dad has lost his job...

by BU2B 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

6 months have gone by "waiting on Jehovah" ... so what's the latest ??

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If your parents were invalids or dying, then I would say helping them and loving them would be the right thing to do. (Mark you - they wd dump you in a flash if the borg told them to)

They are both young enough and have skills to support themselves if they get up off thier ass and and get cracking.

As it is, if you give them what they seem to expect they will not appreciate you. They will just say "Jehovah provides" and no gratitude or acknowledgement of your kindness.

Dubs EXPECT other to give give give, whilst they take take take.

HB

• Mary
    Mary

my mom has skill as a seamstress. Even if she got a medium paying job and my dad was on unemployment for a while until he could find work, they could make it. She would rather just continue with her pioneer lifestyle, hoping others take care of her needs.

Which is exactly why you should not let them move in with you. If you did, your parents would view this as a 'gift from Jehovah' and see how He blesses you when you put the King-dumb first? If your parents are forced to give up their pioneering and UI and go get jobs like regular people, it might make them question why they weren't blessed by putting spiritual things first. And we all know that that is the first step out of the Borg.

"...shouldnt looking for employment be the first thing she should be doing instead of trying to move in with her sons family?..."

Not from the Witness point of view. Witnesses are simply not taught that looking for work should be No. 1 on their list of things to do. Knocking on doors is supposed to take precedence over everything else in life. If you do that, then Jehovah will miraculously provide for you!! The fact too is: many Witnesses are simply lazy. After years or decades of doing nothing but going out with your friends knocking on doors every day, most Witnesses do NOT relish the thought of having to give that up to go get a regular job. Real jobs require set hours, demanding customers and can be quite stressful. Plus, you're always looked down upon when you give up pioneering for work to pay the bills. Obviously you aren't relying on Jehover enough. Your parents' hinting that they want to move in with you would solve their problem! They could sell their home, live with you guys for virtually nothing and continue on with their cozy life. Glad that your wife is on board with you on this.

Also they could downsize, sell their home which has good value, and move into an economical apartment. Even the money from the sale would help them for a long while.

It could, but eventually, that money is going to run out. Mortgages are eventually paid off. Rent is never paid off. If they move in with you and they can't pay the rent, surely you're not going to kick out your pioneering parents?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit