Well my JW elder dad has lost his job...

by BU2B 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

" Wait on Jehovah and Jehovah will Provide "

Let me Guess. Your parents named you Jehovah at birth.....WasBlind

LOL!!@((Wuz!!))..

...................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

2 Cor 12:14 Look! This is the third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not become a burden. For I am seeking, not your possessions, + but you; for the children+ are not expected to save up for their parents , but the parents for their children .

It's their Christian obligation to support their children. It's not the children's obligation to support the parents.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WUZ, LOL!!!

• piztjw
    piztjw

Sounds like some of the piousneers in my town, and some of the eldurrs.

Or was it MANY of them?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nice one Billy! They should use that scripture before they solicit donations in their 2 page WT articles about "Charitable Planning." What a-holes...

DD

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

so typical for JW parents to want to move in with their children. You say they don't have a retirement plan in place? I can assure you, YOU are the retirement plan.

I couldn't count on all my fingers and toes how many JW families I know that have moved in with their children to get by in their "golden years". I've even seen a reitred couple move in with their VERY elderly parents!! they are in their early 60's and their parents are late 80's. Now they all live and the children are "caring" for their parents.... or is it the other way around?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Buddhist monks similarly depend on the charity of strangers. As do Indian gurus.

• steve2
    steve2

The WT truly ruins lives. It is sad to see how many bought into the promise that they would never grow old sick, and as a result have no plan for what should be the best years of someones life.. Yet the WT keeps at it telling the next generation of dubbies the same load of BS.

When are people going to open their eyes and - shock, horror! - dare to take responsibility for their lives and their future?

Okay, in the past, I'd have felt sorry for the hapless Witnesses who worked doggedly for the organization, fed false promises about the end, only to reach retirement age with zero plans.

Not any more.

Unless they live under a rock, have they not seen what has happened to succesive generations of JWs who reach retirement? Have they not observed how financially limited these ones are?

One of the few things my extended JW family got right was ensuring they were financially secure because they'd seen their own parents - my maternal and paternal JW grandparents - go to their graves poor.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I do have 1 girl and a child on the way.. I know I know dumb in my situation, but I got careless.

Lol @ wasblind

Good point searcher

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Buddhist monks similarly depend on the charity of strangers. As do Indian gurus......Jgnat

.............Nobody is Stranger than a JW..

..............http://j-walk.com/images/TheKeyToFastGrowingReligions_73A0/jw.jpg

...............................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit