I need help in dealing with a toxic family member!!!!

by hoser 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Step 1: Clear your throat

Step 2: Emphatically say, "Mind your own business."

Step 3: Have a glass of wine, preferably Pinot Noir

Step 4: Have another glass.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just an idea ...

Get one of those CD's that contains nature sounds (like a waterfall or water dripping in the forest) and put it on continuous play.

Dim the lights, burn some insence and wear a white hat and long white robe.

Welcome them in, bow, and tell them you have been expecting them.

Go into a room, leave the door open just enough that they can hear you and begin chanting (if you are not an experienced chanter, here's a good tip that works. Take a paragraph from the newspaper and highlight the first few letters of each word in the paragraph. Then, read if back and only pronounce the letters you have highlighted. Practice it a few times, repeat it over and over again and get a good rhythm going.)

If later a question about the Borg comes up, close your eyes, raise your head to the sky, take a deep breath, raise your hand and make circular motions with it as if you are cleaning a window. After 30 seconds or so ... just ask them what was the question. Repeat the head-raising as needed as long as they keep asking questions.

Just some thoughts.

Would be happy to email more ideas if needed.

Rub a Dub

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I find Rub's comments very funny, as I've thought of doing similar crazy things to get hte JWs off my back. Isn't it sad that it is easier to pretend to be mentally unfit or at least religiously extreme in order to deal with JWs? I mean, in what other contezt would such an off-beat answer of acting wierd be considered? That shows you how crazy and extreme the JWs are!

• hoser
    hoser

Thank you all for your words of advice. I stood my ground and apologized for none of my actions As soon as they realized they were getting no where they cut short their visit and left

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

When I first left JW's I had an elder that would call once in a while and try to make me feel guilty. I got sick of it, I was at work and said " I left an abusive relationship and refuse to be controled by guilt and manipulation" he said he wasn't doing that I laughed said I have to go and hung up. He never called again :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

I love hearing your stories of finding your voice and finding your power. Notice that these people weren't really concerned about you after all. When their influence was gone, they disappear.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Hoser,

Sorry you had to go through that, but I am glad you stood your ground. Do you mind me asking what happened? Were they coming specifically to try to convince you of something? Once they saw they couldn't they just told you they were leaving?

Nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit