This photo woke me up

by krejames 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

With all due respect to krejames, it's not awful. It's how cheetahs, and every other large predator, lives. When large predators are exterminated, a biomes health deteriorates as the herbivores, like gazelles and deer, reproduce beyond the capacity of the land to support them, as Aldo Leopold explains so eloquently in Thinking Like a Mountain. It does, however, tend to poke holes in the whole benevolent designer theory. If, as the Society likes to ask, the Creator can be seen through His creation, just what kind of "invisible qualities" are, in fact, being demonstrated?

This makes me think of James Dickey's The Heaven of Animals, a favorite poem:

Here they are.

The soft eyes open.

If they have lived in a wood

It is a wood.

If they have lived on plains

It is grass rolling Under their feet forever.

Having no souls, they have come,

anyway, beyond their knowing.

Their instincts wholly bloom

And they rise.

The soft eyes open.

To match them, the landscape flowers,

Outdoing, desperately

Outdoing what is required:

The richest wood, The deepest field.

For some of these,

It could not be the place It is, without blood.

These hunt, as they have done,

But with claws and teeth grown perfect,

More deadly than they can believe.

They stalk more silently,

And crouch on the limbs of trees,

And their descent

Upon the bright backs of their prey

May take years

In a sovereign floating of joy.

And those that are hunted

Know this as their life,

Their reward: to walk

Under such trees in full knowledge

Of what is in glory above them,

And to feel no fear,

But acceptance, compliance.

Fulfilling themselves without pain

At the cycle’s center,

They tremble, they walk

Under the tree,

They fall, they are torn,

They rise, they walk again.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Just as Jesus calmed the weather and demonstrated control of the environment, so could his father not control deer dicks? Certainly we can confidence in Jehovah's abilities to control all dicks. In his promised new world overpopulation will be gone as will the seemingly cruel behavior that animals learned from the first sinful humans.

Watchtower May 1, 2014

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Six examples of less fluffy Creation proving a less loving creator!

1. The Cuckoo
    Female cuckoos don’t bother making nests and incubating their eggs . They simply find an existing nest with a clutch of eggs already inside it and then, when she sees an opening, she surreptitiously deposits an egg. When the nest owner returns, she is unaware that she is now sitting on someone else’s egg. Soon, the baby cuckoo hatches and proceeds to shove the original eggs out of the nest. Mom is left with an adopted child she never asked for and none of her own.

2. Japanese Giant Hornet
    This lovely creature looks for food by searching out beehives, then calling in reinforcements. The couple dozen Giant Hornets spend the next couple of hours ripping the heads off of the tens of thousands of bees courageously guarding their nests. When finally all the bees lie asunder and dying, the hornets enter the nest and steal the children. They then carry them off to their own children, who will eat them. Kind of like when Israel ransacked Jericho.

3. Human bot fly
    God created this awe-inspiring animal in such a way that it lays eggs right on top of a mosquito. The violated mosquito then lands on a human, where the eggs rub off. The nice, warm body heat of the human gives the eggs the signal they need to hatch. The little hatchlings then burrow into the skin and live under there.

4. The Blue-ringed Octopus
    Unlike other animals, which often kill to eat, the octopus just bites whenever it feels scared. God shows his mercy and kindness in this bite, which immediately numbs the mouth and tongue, blurs the vision and creates paralysis. There is no known antivenom, but if you can round up some of your friends, they can perform CPR on you for several hours until the venom wears off.

5. Ichneumon Wasps
    This example of Godly benevolence lays its eggs right inside a living host. God even gave the females freakishly long ovipositors so that they can jab, syringe-style, right into a caterpillar’s body and push out their eggs . Upon hatching, the larval begin feeding on the STILL LIVING host. Since even baby wasps like fresh meat, they take precaution not to kill their host. Right away. At first, they chomp on non-essential organs, waiting until they are ready to leave the ‘nest’ before consuming the brain.

6. Leucochloridium paradoxum
    The complexity of the lifecycle of Leucochloridium paradoxum has to count for something. I mean - complexity = designer right? In this case the parasite requires two hosts at different stages. The birds get the easy bit. The parasite just wants to live in the gut for a while and get pooped out. The nasty part is when the snail eats the bird dropping and starts it's role as host. The parasites multiply in the snails tentacles and seem to drive it to suicide. It will go out in the open waiting for a bird to end its misery. And the cycle continues. Oh the beauty of creation! :?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Exactly. When I was waking up to the real truth i took special notice of all these little "conundrums" nature threw in the face of any creator and the obvious point was staring me in the face, ...evolution had all the answers all along.

• adamah
    adamah

Designer stubble said-

Six examples of less fluffy Creation proving a less loving creator!

And all six are easily dismissed by a loyal believer with a single thought-stopping phrase: "SATAN Dun IT!"

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Seriously???

No one thought of this???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge4oufdIOMc

First thing that came to mind with this post lmao

hahahahahahahaha

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

ILTTATT,

Same here! You beat me to it.

Yes but snails and lower life forms are meaningless to God. He notices when a sparrow falls, but we are worth like a billion sparrows right?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is cycle of life. I regularily enjoy a 4-legged creature; I had one for lunch. Once I am dead I will be the fertilizer for the plants that the 4-legged creatures eat. Since we are what we eat eventually they will be eating one of their own.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Evidently, the gazelle was in the habit of viewing apostate websites, or had committed some other sin "in its heart." It's reasonable to conclude that the cheetahs are Jehovah's executional force of righteousness.

LOL

@krejames: People used to believe that animals don't feel real emotions and simply display a simulacrum of feeling. That was one way of reconciling their observations of nature with a belief in God. Of course we no longer have any basis for making a claim that animals are somehow not feeling real fear or pain and yet human animals are somehow feeling the "real thing". Humans are more aware of their suffering than most animals, but there is evidence that some animals also contemplate their own suffering. Bears have been known to commit suicide when in a desperate situation.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

......(the gazelle has been injured by the mother cheetah so she can use it to train her cubs to hunt)

The first thing I thought of was, well at least the cubs have a good mother, whom is teaching them how to survive in the real world.

Just like our JW mothers taught us. Haaaaaaa!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit