This photo woke me up

by krejames 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• krejames
    krejames

cheetah cubs chasing gazelle

I was already on my way to my second fade when I went to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2012 exhibition, but this photo made me lose faith in the idea of a loving creator......(the gazelle has been injured by the mother cheetah so she can use it to train her cubs to hunt)

• cantleave
    cantleave

The cheetahs were vegan before eve ate the forbidden fruit.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Fair point krejames. Very crass Angus but you make a good point too. Hhhhhhmmmmmmmm ponder

Why does God permit the suffering of innocent animals for training purposes? Kate xx

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Because there's no good TV channels in heaven...

• krejames
    krejames

haha @cantleave - but yes that's a pretty accurate reflection of what a witness would say...

Kate - yes that's kind of what went through my mind too. At the exhibition the photo was very large and the terror in the gazelle's face seemed to pierce through to the viewer (and to my consciousness)

• jgnat
  • krejames
    krejames

Aw WitnessMyFury, that's so awful :(

• KateWild
    KateWild

WMF, trust you to make it really visual. That is one answer I suppose. Well done for dropping a pile of red pills at my feet. Oh wait here found a blue one, gulp swallow. Yes I still believe in God, but the definition of God is just non human and indifferent. Kate xx

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

krejames you failed the compartmentalization test. You needed to keep all that business about animals being in peace yadda yadda in the watchtower compartment of you mind, not the reality part.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Evidently, the gazelle was in the habit of viewing apostate websites, or had committed some other sin "in its heart." It's reasonable to conclude that the cheetahs are Jehovah's executional force of righteousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit