This photo woke me up

by krejames 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Viviane
    Viviane

Even if someone goes totally organic vegan, someone else is killing animals so they can live.

Nature, red in tooth and claw.

• tornapart
    tornapart

So are we humans any less loving? I'm thinking here, ham sandwich, roast beef, chicken Mcnugget.... we eat animals all the time (unless we're vegetarian). Unlike carnivores, we can live without meat, but we still kill animals to eat. We wipe out animals to extinction. Atm I'm watching a programme about some beautiful wild cats that are being slaughtered for their fur.

Nature is nature. It works in perfect balance. When something changes it causes serious problems.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I'm waiting for a good old fashioned xjw Jesus lover to sound off on this thread. They dare not, is my guess.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

So are we humans any less loving?

I hear what you're saying Tornapart but humans, according to our JW upbringing,although made in God's image, are cursed, wicked and flawed . He supposedly wants us to obey his laws and expects our actions to reflect his good qualities. I think the original poster was reasoning that if God is so loving, just and perfect, why would he create animals with teeth and claws and cunning skils to hunt and also instill in those same animals the instinct to survive and the ability to feel utter terror and horrible pain while being shreadded by a faster,stronger animal ? Seems like an almighty loving father/creator could have come up with a better plan . Even wicked humans fight to ensure there are laws that punish or prevent animals from being treated cruelly.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Nobody commented on your post jgnat ? A cat eating grass ? HHHmmmm . We had a cat that actually adopted us some 16 ? years ago and we took her in .A stray, my wife kept feeding against my pleas.Then of course it became a household pet that our toy poodle had to adjust too . And she did .

But getting back to topic , if we had fed her only grass/grain , their is no way she would have lasted 15+ years in a house hold who loved her .

She daisy, like my dog lilly, had to be fed meat and fish as their basic diet , otherwise both would have died at a very young age .

Everything we know about life since time began is that one species/kind of animal lives off the death of another , this is a fundamental truth.

Humans do it , Animals do it , marine life do it .

Sometimes because of that , I just dont enjoy nature shows on tv at all , its one reason I dont beleive in a God of love at all.

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Well, the God of the Bible is one hell of a blood-seeking avenger. It is pretty much more recent "views" of "God" and "nature" that have turned both into Sound of Music caricatures. For me, the conumdrum is the sickly simplisticly sweet ways in which the Watchtower depicts Jehovah and its cruelly condemnatory treatment of ex-Witnesses. The cuddlesome pictures of well-fed children playing with wild animals in the new world and the bored, zombie-like demeanor of the rank and file as they mindlessly sit through talk after talk after talk about children playing with animals.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Smiddy: Look again--there's a mouse in that mouth! Interesting fact: While dogs can go vegetarian, cats cannot because they cannot synthesize taurine. The only place you can get taurine in nature is from blood. (This is my understanding--any biochemists out there, feel free to correct me!). So, according to Intelligent Design, God created cats with the need to eat blood...

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

I watched "Madagascar 3" last night. My kids love that movie.....they have prob watched it 20 times. LOL

• tiki
    tiki

jgnat - LOVE the photo! i have a mouser cat - he plays them to death.

and someone suggested in jest that cheetahs were vegans prior to the eve/eden fruit experience????? hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

every critter is on the food chain one way or the other. right from the most miniscule particle of detritus on the ocean floor right up to you and me.

• cofty
    cofty

Who trusted God was love indeed

And love Creation's final law

Tho' Nature, red in tooth and claw

With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Alfred Lord Tennyson 1949

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit