How Long Have You Been Viewing Thiis Site? Does It Serve Its Purpose For You?

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I joined 26/11/2013.within a few days, I made my decision to disassociate.it was the tin hat on the doubts I'd been having for 6 years or so.it was instrumental in my freedom. Thank you!!

• 88JM
    88JM

I think I've been reading this site for 5 years, but only signed up 3 years ago. Initially it was just curiosity, then I really started to enjoy reading the old threads of stories and experiences, and getting ideas for myself on how to do a successful fade.

These days I try to add supplementary information to discussions if I feel I can help, and I still come here to find out what's really happening in JW-land as my local congregation here is quite out of the way.

Most of all, every time I visit the site, everything I read confirms to me that getting out of the cult is always the right thing to do.

I wish I could contribute more, particularly my I.T. skills. I did quite enjoy doing the yearbook stats compilations and I'll be updating that when the new one comes out, and maybe even going a bit further back with Atlantis posting some of the older ones now.

• outforgood
    outforgood

I started reading this site at least 10 years ago. It was a crucial resource for me in deciding to quit the

witnesses. I never posted anything until now. I honestly think that there are A TON of lurkers out there like

me who don't post but read and NEED this site. I can't tell you how many Ah-ha moments I have had - keep the

discussions and debates going. thank you

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm here coz i'm a sad git--and have no friends--also i like outlaw's pictures.

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan, I'm glad Simon let you come back.

• Simon
    Simon

I've been on the site for nearly 14 years now. It was very very quiet when I started posting - almost as though I was the only one here. LOL

It's funny - there seems to be a lot of change and at the same time, nothing every really changes. I guess things go in cycles.

There is less vitriolic fighting now than there used to be and the crazy board-wars that some tried to instigate seems to be ancient history now. Well, mostly, someone somewhere will always be trying to disrupt things but that's the nature of the internet and online communities, especially ones that cater to religion and people damaged by it.

I always see the site as being something to keep people occupied and interested in between the major changes and events happening to the WTS. It's also nice to see people offering and receiving support from each other

I'm always in awe of people who seem to know so much about the WTS and be able to explain and inform us all about what's going on. But watching the friendships unfold and people come and go and heal is great to watch.

As long as it helps people do that then I think it serves it's purpose.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm glad Simon let you come back.

Me too! :)

• minimus
    minimus

It's not just an informational site. It involves real people, not just "posters".

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I have not been around that long, but with most of my immediate family still in, I think I will be here a while.

I get annoyed at how quickly really interesting subjects soon disappear under the constant flow of mostly trival and shallow topics created.

I know now what you are saying. So many subjects are repeated almost daily and then there are all the threads which just seem like fill and clutter.

Sometimes I dig through pages and pages of the "Should I change the colour of my shoe laces?" threads, just to find something with substance.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I have been here just a little over three years. This site hastaken the place of my so called "friends" the Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit