The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

No Cofty you have not explained that those are not a necessary feature. You suggested it as though it is fact, with absolutely no knowledge or scientific backing to support your claim. You don't really expect anyone to just take your word for it do you? Did you not read Snare's contribution earlier that said that the eruptions (I am paraphrasing) are what cause the availability of fresh water?

You can't make a statement like that without knowing all there is to know about cause/effect of such things... and you don't know those.

Peace,

tammy

• DS211
    DS211

Pelican im very confused as to what your beliefs are...and thats ok.

I respect your right to believe what you wish...no matter how topsy turvy and confusing i feel it is.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Tammy:

You seem to have a very interesting mix of personal revelation, accepting portions of the Bible as true and rejecting other parts. To be perfectly honest, and I don't mean this as an insult in any way, it seems like you are making this up as needed. As I said, I have been lurking for quite a while and a lot of your posts strike me as "Where the heck is that coming from?".

Then I stop and realize that making it up as needed is where most of religion and theology comes from, so, it kind of makes sense. You're one of the ones that likes the good parts, decrys the bad parts as not real and makes up whatever you need, somehow mixes in an incredibly poor grasp of the sciences and calls it Jesus to in order to fill the gaps. I know you will deny this, but it is, as they say, what it is.

Pelican:

If no one is oppressing you, why do you feel this need? As an American, I don't feel the need to proclaim my right to freedom of speech (Duck Dynasty not withstanding). It just strikes me as very odd that you would feel the need to defend yourself against something that hasn't happened and which everyone here, as far as I know, supports.

Cofty:

Jam tomorrow isn't so bad if the jam ever actually came. Although I would prefer a jammy dodger with coffee :)

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy - You are confusing the source of the plates and the distant boundaries. As usual you are clueless on science and you never listen.

But in any case that is only a distraction.

The question is why did he not intervene on 26th Dec 2004?

• DS211
    DS211

Lol cofty.

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

Cofty,

The question is why did he not intervene on 26th Dec 2004?

He chose not to. Why? He is a free agent just as we are.

• tec
    tec

Whatever I am confusing Cofty... you still have not backed up YOUR statement with anything scientific. You're just making it based on what you think you know about a God you say does not exist, and so a God you do NOT know.

As for your question, it does not seem that there is any answer or consideration that will suffice for you. If ever someone provides you with one, great. If not... I guess you are just going to have to ask God when you meet Him. (or you could ask His Son NOW and listen for His answer)

Then or now, I guarantee that His answer will not be against love and truth.

But until then, this question and these debates will continue.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

He chose not to. Why? He is a free agent just as we are. - Pelican

So if I could prevent a great evil at no cost to myself but chose not to and my only defense was "I chose not to; I am a free agent", what would that say about my ethics?

Your god is a moral reprobate.

• cofty
    cofty

you are just going to have to ask God when you meet Him

Tammy - In words, you have absoutely nothing to offer. Thanks for your thoughtful contribution.

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

LOL. Yes, believe what you will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit