The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Flamegrilled did you deliberately switch my statement that there are things we do know for a certainty with your distortion that makes it sound as if I was saying there is nothing we dont know?

I phrased it badly typing on my phone but the meaning was clear in context. You have no interest in anything but sophomoric point scoring

• Viviane
    Viviane

These statements are not "silly word games" Cofty. Neither is it "pretend". This is reality my friend, and unless you acknowledge that you will continue with your illogical conclusions.

So, how is it logical to make a decision based the possibility an unknown ungraspable unknown, information that, even if we knew existed, we couldn't understand?

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. On the one hand, you accurately show that there is information we don't know that we don't know. OTOH, you say we should wait to know if there is information we don't know (with the added quality of not being able to understand it if we did know it existed) and wait until then to make a decision, ignoring possibility that there could be infitinte unknown unknowns that we could never discover.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So why didn't God save a bus full of JWs.from decapitation? Perhaps the angels were busy helping the WTBTS defense team in court? Why didnt God send one angel to save the pioneer who was attacked by a pit-bull in service? Or, why not save the family that was murdered in Mexico? Are the angels that busy trying to keep people from masterbating?

• cofty
    cofty

DD lets keep the topic strictly focussed on natural evil. Thanks

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Simon gets a prize, cos on this site he is god. He has power over our continued forum existence and does take action when required. And that’s as close to heaven as we’ll ever be. TG

And if I were to form an opinion of what Simon is like as a person simply from the limited actions I have observed during this discussion I might reach certain conclusions. Would I be right?

• Viviane
    Viviane

And if I were to form an opinion of what Simon is like as a person simply from the limited actions I have observed during this discussion I might reach certain conclusions. Would I be right?

Possibly, although opinions aren't facts, so you may form the opinion that he is a unicorn and that could have no bearing on reality.

What, though, does that have to do with anything?

• cofty
    cofty

Your god has revealed himself through the bible and the person of Jesus. You claim to know what love means and under no possible circumstances does it include violently drowning a quarter of a million innocent people.

Your continued evasion of the topic and ignoring of every argument you dont like is unacceptable.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Cofty - "Unacceptable" to whom?

I am not obliged to respond to every comment. I have ignored comments that were just rude or meaningless. I have ignored comments that are simply trying to draw out responses that can be misused. I believe that I have operated entirely within the rules of the forum (unlike some of the vulgar and angry speech that has featured on this thread). So in what way is that unacceptable?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sure Cofty, but I think my points relate to subject. The moral issue is the main focus. Flamegrilled can't or won't consider the moral implications of God not saving humans from disasters. My points were purposely crude and offensive to illustrate the absurdity of believing God intervenes, yet doesn't.

Speculation is great, but sooner or later a moral issue presents itself. Moral issues are what cause some to skirt around the real issue at hand. Am I missing something?

I will leave the discussion to you, but I doubt you will get a satisfying answer.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

My points were purposely crude and offensive DATA-DOG

@anyone other than DD - So how is that acceptable, and my decision to ignore certain comments is unacceptable?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit