The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

whats a belieber besty? I disagree, I am very reasonable. Kate xx

• besty
    besty

..."I am very reasonable."

and you disagree with the 1st thing I say?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Belieber

• KateWild
    KateWild

LOL!! you clown besty, yes of course I disagree. Why am I unreasonable when it comes to belief in God?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Kate - I hope you don't adopt the same approach to raising your kids as god* does his.-cantleave

God is not a human either, if I did I would be adopting anthropromphism to God, and no one in there right mind adopts anthromorphism to dogs or bees. These animals do little practical if their offspring were to suffer IMO. Come over to our side Angus it's great being a believer

Kate xx

• jgnat
    jgnat

A broad description of how Kate and I reconcile the "Why God?" argument is that Kate's God is powerful but impersonal and mine is compassionate but powerless.

The wiki article on the fox experiment. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm-Fox_Experiment

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: what if he gave you a biblical answer, is 45;7 ?
    American Standard Version
    I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Intersting concept jgant, having said this when we look at particle physics and the universe, I do not concede God is powerless in any way. I see a T-rex as powerful but concerned with offspring only to a degree, and then at a certain point indifferent. So in my derprogramming I have many unanswered questions that fuel my inquiring mind.

Thank for the link I will have a read, but no doubt start yet another topic, the more that goes in the more I have to say, some chatter box eh??

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

unstop, cofty doesn't beleive in the bible so explaining from the bible that God exists is pointless for him. He needs to enquire from what he does not yet know, not from what he has read.

Kate xx

• caliber
    caliber

To be clear the question that has to be addressed is "does the promise of eternal life make suffering morally right ~~cofty

which begs the follow up question .. Are we in a postiion to require justification of God's actions or non - actions ?

theodicy (plural theodicies)

" A justification of a deity, or the attributes of a deity, especially in regard to the existence of evil and suffering in the world; a work or discourse justifying the ways of God. "

Do we know enough about the inner workings of the universe to make any sort of grand claims

yet the universe runs .....".numbers are real (it doesn't matter that you can't "see" them)~~ Plato

number must in turn have a source... does not all harmony require some thoughtful purpose ?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

So god creates the evil - what a c**t!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit