• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I sent the friend request.

• KateWild
    KateWild

yeahay thanks

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Try thinking about real suffering instead of the hypothetical suffering much loved of comfortable western christians.

Reflect on the plight of a man I remember from 2004 who had lost his wife and children in the tsunami.

Richard Attenborough's daughter Jane and his 15-year-old granddaughter Lucy died in this tsunami. Jane's mother-in-law, also called Jane, died too. What must it have been like for Richard's son-in-law Michael to lose his mother, wife and daughter? A random movement of tectonic plates, a terrible personal tragedy for this family.

• KateWild
    KateWild

A random movement of tectonic plates, a terrible personal tragedy for this family.- Xant

Yes indeed I agree, so sad but does not negate the fact that many will pray for them in their time of suffering. I do with anger towards God for being so indifferent to their plight. I believe he is real, but many atheists would say I am praying to myself. He ignores me so perhaps I am, but I still pray. Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

does not negate the fact that many will pray for them in their time of suffering. - Kate

That was one of the most frequently heard excuses from christians back in 2004 as well as after the Haitian earthquake.

Lets make it theodicy number 9.

9. God was seen in the actions of christians who worked to relieve the suffering of survivors

My response - Human efforts to clear up god's mess does not excuse his passivity

• KateWild
    KateWild

Stop using made up words cofty if your going to philosophise on theology be honest. A theoligical philosopher may say...

God was seen in the actions of christians who worked to relieve the suffering of survivors-cofty

My response would be, God maybe immune to human suffering or he may be teaching us to evolve into a race that cares, Dawkins would say we are evolving, I would say God is evolving us. Bottom line some people care and others don't. I pray and help out when I can, with practical things. If I am talking to myself God can take a running jump and I will not worship Him.

But these new signals in space are an interesting phenomena, in 50-100yrs we might be able to time travel, if so what could we achieve. Rev 21.4 might be possible who knows?

Sam xx

• designs
    designs

If the God of the Bible can make Manna, there should never be a hungry child ever.

But all you hear from Christians about their God-Jesus are excuses for why he does nothing to prevent suffering.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Kate - I hope you don't adopt the same approach to raising your kids as god* does his.

*this is not any acknowledgement that such a concept exists.

• besty
    besty

I think you would get more reasonable discussion with a belieber than a believer :-)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Angus, you have a fb message.

I teach my kids to fend for themselves after I have taught them and shown them by my actions what we can do to remove suffering. My ex however is indifferent to our suffering and causes it in countless ways. Some are loving and kind parents and others are not. My kids love me and they know they are my world, but I teach them to be self sufficient too.

My eldest passed her driving test at 17 and now drives me around at 20yrs old.

Sam xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit