The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

Cofty,

I asked, "On what basis do you believe he (God) should have?"

If you have an answer I would appreciate reading it. Why do you believe God should have prevented the tsunami? I know you don't believe in God but even so you must have an opinion as to if God did exist why he should have prevented it.

• cofty
    cofty

I answered your question Pelican...

In what way do you think my answer is lacking?

If there is a creator god who passively observed the tsunami wipe out a quarter of a million people he/she is not loving.

He/she also made a cock-up when he designed the way plate boundaries interact.

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

My question was why God SHOULD have prevented it. I know you believe it is unloving and so on but in your opinion why SHOULD he prevent these things? Because he is loving? Is that why he should?

• cofty
    cofty

I don't do semantic games Pelican, please make your point.

My guess would be that you are going for the presuppositional defense combined with the cannard that atheists have no basis to judge anything as good or bad.

Am I getting warm? Please say yes!

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

Cofty, I'm not playing games. Sorry you thought so.

• KateWild
    KateWild

pelican,

I am on your side, cofty has a belief system but just hasn't got all the answers, he is dodging the bullet you win this one pelican. Well done. Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

So what's your point Pelican? Was I close with presuppositionalism and objective morality?

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

Cofty: "So what's your point Pelican? Was I close with presuppositionalism and objective morality?"

I just asked a simple question. You can read it just a few posts above. No need for me to repeat it.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Seems mighty strange to be asking an Athiest to explain the mysteries of god. Surely you as a believer need to defend or at least give others an explanation of your faith Pelican

• caliber
    caliber

My guess would be that you are going for the presuppositional defense combined with the cannard that atheists have no basis to judge anything as good or bad.

I am curious about your thought on this Cofty..

So defining good and bad just "evolved "over time by trial and error then , until at last all of us humans arrived at some sort of general consenus ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit