The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

KateWild I cannot see a God that cares, hence I cannot believe that the creator actually punishes or rewards people, he just simply creates and is indifferent to our suffering.

You recently said that you were not an Atheist or a Theist. Your comment implies that you are moving towards being a Deist.

I so hope this doesn't confuse you further.

• tec
    tec

Why are the warnings by the spirit so abiguous and vague? If God wanted to warn everyone in Haiti about the Tsunami he would have warned them many months in advance so they could make proper arrangements. Rummbling on the ground minutes, or even hours before the tragedy is not a warning of the spirit tammy.

Of course not. It is a warning from the planet itself... sometimes it is enough to save people paying attention to the signs that come earlier than minutes before the event happens.

(Did you read the response that I gave to you on the other thread, regarding the spirit within speaking to us?)

Good morning to you tammy, Jesus taught things should be simple. If we agree the bible cannot be trusted then how can we understand what Christ is teaching. Just through a feeling in our gut? This is an abiguous and vague way to communicate.

The bible cannot be trusted as the Word of God - hence, inerrant, and all from Him. No book can. But that does not mean it does not have value. Value at least as much as other witnesses, to Christ or to God. And of course one can test what is written... against Christ (asking Him if you can/do hear Him... or at the least comparing what is written against His own words; since it is Him we must listen TO; He who is the Truth and the Word of God). And it is only seems ambiguous or vague to hear the spirit if you do not believe the spirit speaks or how the spirit speaks. Takes practice once you do come to understand that He is alive and speaking, as well you can ASK to hear Him. (to have your ears opened) Like learning how to use a muscle that you didn't even know you had, much less used before.

A dog speaks like a dog. A dolphin like a dolphin. A human like a human. A spirit like a spirit.

If Christ and God want to answer my prayers and remove everyones suffering then now is as good a time as any.

Except they have explained when the time will be... and that time will not come before all who CAN come to Christ (life) and God, have been born to be able to come to them. So that not one is lost.

No one needs to live a lifetime of suffering to wait on Christ in his time.

Says who?

Why should anything be on our time? Do we know what needs to be done? Are we willing to lose even one because we don't want to wait any longer? Would we be willing to wait longer if we knew that one was our own flesh and blood? Would it be worth it then, if it was our own child?

This sounds a bit WTish to me tammy.

How so?

I would love to rethink my conclusions but when I see definate action from Christ and God will I rethink.

Like God sending His Son to teach, to show us not to be afraid, to rise from the dead, so that He lives... and we can see from this sign that we who are in Him will also live; and so we can put faith also in all that he has promised?

I cannot see a God that cares, hence I cannot believe that the creator actually punishes or rewards people, he just simply creates and is indifferent to our suffering.

Again, a God that does not care would not have bothered to talk to anyone, to teach anyone, to guide anyone, to make promises to begin with, to prepare a Kingdom, to send us Christ, to give us Life, and also eternal life?

Just some things to think about Kate. I don't ask that you should have to answer on the thread. I know that you are on a journey, and I completely respect that.

Peace and love to you as always,

tammy

• Viviane
    Viviane

Thanks for your reply, Tec. I still really don't understand what you are trying to say, but thanks for trying. If you could maybe summarize, list your point with supporting info that might help. I don't mean this critically, but your writing style is very hard to follow and you don't seem to be making points, it seems disjointed and little all over the place.

Maybe it's just me. Thanks, though.

• tec
    tec

Maybe if you went point for point in the post you found confusin, and then highlight exactly what I was confusing on... I might understand better what to clarify?

Could just be me who us not understanding you, of course.

It is why I like to go point for point in responses. Makes it harder to miss something when reading and responding.

Peace,

tammy

• humbled
    humbled

cofty,Is the frontline of this thread is experiencing a legitimate shift?

This is very important thread. If there is nothing that stops human suffering,including the prayers of believers, would you let the direction of the OP shift to this question: If the scriptures don't give a clear idea of any god activity behind the scenes, (here's the shift)then why would we trust the Church's Writing department to give us an clear look at the carpenter?

If Church got god wrong, would I have to throw Jesus out ?

• cofty
    cofty

tell me, how often have you found it confusing if you should save a child you loved from drowning? Would you? - bohm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tammy I have read all of your posts from the past few hours and there is no content that adds to the question under discussion.

The topic is the fact that a god who is supposed to be loving and knowing and powerful allowed a quarter of a million people to drown on 26th December 2004

This apparent paradox requires an explanation.

Your answer can be summed up as - "god didn't promise to stop natural disasters".

"I didn't promise not to commit mass murder" is not a defense that is used in court for obvious reasons.

Its interesting how theists take refuge in deism when faced with divine dereliction.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Or maybe Tammy, just maybe, obfuscation is one of your favourite tools . . .

• cofty
    cofty

It is why I like to go point for point in responses. - Tammy

It kills conversation. Don't do it on this thread, just refer to a main point and reply to it without all the waffle.

I haven't taken a poll but I suspect 100% of posters hate the tedious, boring pedantic way you butcher people's posts.

• cofty
    cofty

Humbled - I think that is an interesting question for another thread.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Why are the warnings by the spirit so abiguous and vague? If God wanted to warn everyone in Haiti about the Tsunami he would have warned them many months in advance so they could make proper arrangements. Rummbling on the ground minutes, or even hours before the tragedy is not a warning of the spirit tammy.

Of course not. It is a warning from the planet itself... sometimes it is enough to save people paying attention to the signs that come earlier than minutes before the event happens.

Sometimes you folks can be a little too polite for me. I will say it, though. What bastard stands by and lets children die a horrible death because their parents haven't been educated enough to know the signs or because their limbs are too weak to get out in time?

Go worship such a bastard if you want. Keep him to yourself please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit